Food cravings

Options
So i was doing really, really well. I was eating right, working out, losing a pound a week and feeling fantastic. Now I'm down to 20lbs left to lose and the past couple of weeks my eating has spiraled out of control. I'm still working out regularly, but I feel like I've lost control over my eating habits. I still eat healthy, but I have been eating twice as much as I should, and then I've been treating myself faaaar more than I ever thought I would. Making very unhealthy decisions. I stopped logging.

What motivates you guys to get back on track when you've fallen off the wagon and it has sped off without you?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Ride it out. Don't give up. Keep your eyes on the big picture.

Return to logging. Just...start.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Really it just takes pulling myself together and saying "enough is enough". I immediately get back to logging as accurately as I can, or meal prepping (something I tend not to like or do). If I'm doing really poorly I sometimes ask myself if I need a diet break, and just take a week at maintenance and log it carefully. That way I get a break mentally and physically from being in a deficit, but I'm also still in control and not gaining. It's also good practice for learning to maintain weight.
  • anniemac08
    anniemac08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always need a goal, something I'm working towards. When I get fed up, fall off the wagon, it helps me to set an [attainable] goal to get me back on track. What are you eating too much of? For me, it was always snacking more than I should do. Sitting down to plan things out the night before, packing my snacks in advance (even if I was just at home on a weekend) and knowing what I was going to eat helped get me back on track. And YES to the jump back in to logging. Just do it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    As your weight drops, your loss slows down naturally. Please consider updating your goal, according to this list:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    And keep logging ;)
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. @anniemac08 my problem is snacking too. I meal prep every Sunday and I prep healthy, portioned meals and snacks. But reaching for candy from the vending machine or cookies or whatever seems to get me daily.

@kommodevaran thank you. I've considered increasing my calories in hopes that it'll help me feel a little fuller, longer. Maybe that's why I've had such terrible discipline lately. I'm right on the border of 20-25lbs to lose so I'm not really sure where to fall there.