Been at this of 3.5 months.

Options
So I figure I should start getting more out of this site. I may even make you laugh once in a while. I am an average big guy, 6' 2". I was 311 pounds back in October, now I am 270 heading to 225. I work out 4 times a week, mostly cardio. I would like to do more but I am still way out of shape. I have changed my dietary habits in a major way. I worked with a nutritionist for several months and she got me on the right path. I have a trainer who specializes in folks with MS. I've been with her since October. I let my MS beat me down mentally for 11 years, ugh what a slog out of it. I will make it though, hey maybe I can be the new face of Subway.

Replies

• viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Birddawg67 wrote: »
    So I figure I should start getting more out of this site. I may even make you laugh once in a while. I am an average big guy, 6' 2". I was 311 pounds back in October, now I am 270 heading to 225. I work out 4 times a week, mostly cardio. I would like to do more but I am still way out of shape. I have changed my dietary habits in a major way. I worked with a nutritionist for several months and she got me on the right path. I have a trainer who specializes in folks with MS. I've been with her since October. I let my MS beat me down mentally for 11 years, ugh what a slog out of it. I will make it though, hey maybe I can be the new face of Subway.

Cardio? any strength training? -A guy with your specific stats can get stronger a lot quicker than us regular mortals. Not being sarcastic and you might like lifting incredibly heavy weights.

make sure though that you learn correct form.
  • Birddawg67
    Birddawg67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am doing high reps of lighter constant resistance weight bands. Starting slow, but I do miss my old upper body strength.