what percentages do you all put in for a low carb weight loss diet

Options
fichara
fichara Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
hi finding keto diet too tough so finding the LCHF diet not lifestyle friendly. I know I need to have a low carb diet so what %percentages in the goal settings do people use for a low carb healthy diet? That works. Thanks

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Do you need to have a low carb diet for medical reasons? If so, you should ask your doctor what goal you should aim toward.

If you are doing it for weight loss reasons, you don't need to do low carb to lose weight. You need to eat fewer calories than your body uses to lose weight.

MFP's default macro balance of 50%C-20%P-30%F has worked nicely for me.
  • rippedhippie
    rippedhippie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've used 50 carb 30 protein 20 fat for the majority of the last 7 years. That's how I got ripped. When bulking I use 40/40/20.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why do you NEED to do low carb?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Anything under 150 gm carbs/day is considered low carb; there's a range you can experiment with if keto is lower than you want to go.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 200 grams or so of carbs per day when losing weight.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If you're not doing low carb for medical reasons, I hope you know you can still lose weight while eating lots of carbs.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    hi finding keto diet too tough so finding the LCHF diet not lifestyle friendly. I know I need to have a low carb diet so what %percentages in the goal settings do people use for a low carb healthy diet? That works. Thanks

5 or 10% carbs
    20 or 25% protein
    Fats to make 100%

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs below 100 grams/day. Maybe 18c/22p/60f.