How do you log Cross Fit

Options
msheldon88
msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
I am starting a new cross fit class and I noticed that it wasn't in the exercise database. What do you record it as? Circuit training?

I was also wondering what you thoughts were about cross fit. Did you like it? What were your dislikes?

Thanks for the input!

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I tried a free CrossFit session recent (which they modify from the normal WOD) and I just put it in as circuit training. More awesome, but easiest way to log it...
  • teri_cmc
    teri_cmc Posts: 21
    Options
    I put mine is as circuit training but you can also just put in calories burned. Sometimes it doesn't seem like the circuit training does crossfit justice in terms of the intensity, but at least you would be logging less calories burned and not overeating if you eat them back...

I absolutely love crossfit and everything it has done for me. I'm in the best shape of my life and am still nowhere near where I could be with these workouts! It does make you sore but I look at it as my way of knowing I pushed myself. Listen to your body and go with it!
  • coltrane23
    coltrane23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I log it as calisthenics, since it usually involves push-ups, pull-ups, etc. and it's always intense. I'm probably under-reporting my calories burnt given how hard I work, but that keeps me from overeating so I'm OK with that. I also have been doing some lifting prior to the daily WOD, so I track that separately as weight lifting--not much calorie expenditure for that, but again it keeps me honest on the intake so I don't worry about it.
  • julie0477
    julie0477 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've logged it as calesthenics but I've also worn my heart rate monitor and just added a new exercise and entered my calories. You do so many different things in that hour its really hard to log otherwise. I love my class, by the way. Its not easy but thats what makes is so great. I feel like I've accomplished something at the end. Hope you enjoy yours!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, I know you're burning more after the fact as well so I usually add another 50 or so calories on the days I do Crossfit.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM during my CF sessions and they are pretty much on target with the circuit training #'s...
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Crossfit and have been using it for the last 3 years now. It has totally changed my mind about diet and exercise and the . When I consistently do Crossfit, I ususally see a HUGE difference in endurance, strength and let me tell you, although the scale doesn't budge, I'm tighter and toned!!!! I think I also like the fact that you're not stuck doing 2 hours of an exercise! I mean really? Crossfit really can get you toned and tight with proper nutrition and of course more aerobic. Yay for you. I'm SUPER excited for this new venture in your fitness life.
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. My first session was hard but went awesome. I for sure can tell that I will be seeing results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!