Near the end - Looking for Motivational Buddies!

Options
I am within ten pounds of where I want to be and looking for some support to not give up as I hit my goal weight and transition into maintenance.

I am 24 years old, and 5'1. Looking for people on any part of the weight-loss journey to join me!

I am an avid (albeit, beginner) yogi. I also enjoy walks and love swimming. Exercising has not been a problem, but eating right has.

Feel free to send me a friends request!

Replies

• Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Great you are getting so close!
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    also on my last 5-10 pounds. Feel free to add me :)
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm about 12 pounds away from mine.
  • ying_ax
    ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think we are at the same place. I am 5' and I have about 10lbs to go. Many people said that because I had nothing to loose, but I know I do.
  • callmecandide
    callmecandide Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Many people have told me that too, @ying_ax It's frustrating because many don't realize that petite frames carry weight much more visibly.
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great job on being so close to your goal weight. I am also a beginner yogi (about two years now) and I have found that it is helping with flexibility, balance, and definitely strength. I also swim with a local adult swim team which I love doing, great people, great environment and I am learning a lot. I also run with some long distance runs planned for the future. I am at maintenance right now, but actually I am trying to not lose weight with all the calories I burn from my activity level. I mention all this because I think that a key element of maintaining our weight is whether we are being active or not. If you have exercising as part of your routine, don't give that up as you hit your maintenance weight. For some like me, I think eating right will always be a challenge.

-Scott
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Really well done on your progress! I'm 13lbs away from my goal. I have a back injury so I know my progress will be slow. I'm doing really well with eating right but getting exercise in has always been a downfall of mine. An accountability buddy would be great :) feel free to add me!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Can add me if you'd like. I've hit my goal weight (only initially had a few vanity pounds to lose), but I'm in the phase now where I'm trying to really tighten and tone...and that's causing me some "frustrated" moments. Lol. Motivation needed here, too.
  • stepladder49
    stepladder49 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5'1, and have ~10 more pounds as well! Want to get from 130 to 115/120. Please add me :)