Racing toward Reunion

Options
Hello Everyone! This is my first time here.
I have made weight loss resolutions in the past but never had the motivation to stick to it. This year, that's all about to change. Over Christmas break my son said something to me that broke my heart. "Mommy, you never want to play with me." It's the truth, and it hurts. Due to being overweight and out of shape I never have the energy to play. I'm always to tired. He's a very active boy and I want to have the energy to keep up with him.
Also, in the past I have walked the 5k Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in honor of my grandmother who is a survivor. This year, my mother and I have made it our goal to run it!! All of it!! The race is the end of April.
As if that weren't motivation enough, my High School Reunion is coming up this fall. I know we all change over the years, but I'm determined not to go to my reunion twice the size I was the day I graduated.
So I'm racing toward reunion. :)

Replies

• rnymornin
    Options
    Hello Everyone! This is my first time here.
    I have made weight loss resolutions in the past but never had the motivation to stick to it. This year, that's all about to change. Over Christmas break my son said something to me that broke my heart. "Mommy, you never want to play with me." It's the truth, and it hurts. Due to being overweight and out of shape I never have the energy to play. I'm always to tired. He's a very active boy and I want to have the energy to keep up with him.
    Also, in the past I have walked the 5k Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in honor of my grandmother who is a survivor. This year, my mother and I have made it our goal to run it!! All of it!! The race is the end of April.
    As if that weren't motivation enough, my High School Reunion is coming up this fall. I know we all change over the years, but I'm determined not to go to my reunion twice the size I was the day I graduated.
    So I'm racing toward reunion. :)
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats and best of luck to you :)
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I had my reunion last summer and I dreaded it being the heaviest I ever have been.. and be 65 pounds heavier than I was in school.. :sick:

That is a great goal and good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    That is a great goal. A 20 year reunion is my motivation as well. To my surprise, most everyone stayed in pretty good shape for the 10 year, I am interested in seeing how people have done for the 20 year.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good for you with your positive changes! :flowerforyou:

I was the "fat one" at my 20th h.s. reunion & am still angry with myself about it. :ohwell: You'll look great for yours! :drinker:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Good luck! You are going to do great!

BTW, fabulous profile picture!

:drinker:
  • ColleenLG
    Options
    CONGRATS on your way to a healthier life. :happy: You have so many great reasons to keep you motivated. :bigsmile: Good luck and I hope to read about your success along the way. :smile:

~Colleen~
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You will do wonderful... Good Luck with your race
    This site is great for motivating you on those days you have a case of "just don't wanna's"
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Wow! What an encouraging introduction! This is a great site for motivation...lot's of encouragement and insightful information.

Keep the crew posted on progress! Go for it!