Challenge week! (6/22-6/29)

Options
Well, we all know it's fast approaching! The end of the month. The time when we step on the scale for the final time in June, look at the number, and determine whether the month was a success.
So, let's kick it into gear! We have one week left to show that scale who's boss! This challenege will be our guide to getting there!

Goals for this Challenge Week:

1- Run or Walk 32 miles. That's right. Average 4 miles per day.
2- Finish in the green EVERY DAY this week.
3- Avoid your worst temptation food (list in your post what your temptation food is).
4- Perform 30 push-ups per day. You heard me. 30. Some of you are laughing at the ease, but I know others out there (myself included) are scooping their jaw off the floor right now. But we can do it!

Those are the parameters! Update daily with your progress in the following format:

1- [Miles completed so far]
2- [Net calories left to consume] --- If you are uncomfortable providing the number, just say red or green!
3- [What is your temptation food? Did you give in, or have you resisted so far?]
4- [How many push-ups have you logged today? What's your total count so far for the week?]

And that's it! It'll be challenging for most of us, but hopefully it'll provide the edge we need to finish out the month strong!

On 6/30, I will post a congratulatory list of everyone who achieved the challenge based on 6/29's posts!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Good luck! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ZannahDia
    ZannahDia Posts: 65
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • rodacious1
    Options
    I'm down, need the motivation...
  • GamecockFan14
    GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! (hopefully I live to tell the weekly tale....) :-)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll start up a spreadsheet showing everyone who's participating and their updates/progress throughout the week! Email me at chamberssu@gmail.com for copies of the spreadsheet! (Well, it's blank right now, but you get the idea!)

Anyone else who joins in, I'm happy to add you to the spreadsheet at any time today!

Also -- An edit to the challenege! The goal is actually 32 miles from 6/22-6/29 since we will be counting results for all 8 days!
  • alice74
    alice74 Posts: 28
    Options
    This sounds great - count me in!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Calling for check-ins for 6/22! I will private message those who have told me they are participating to get information for the spreadsheet. Once again, if you are interested, I will email you a copy of the spreadsheet at your request! Email me at chamberssu@gmail.com.

My results for 6/22:
    Miles: 5.6
    Calories: In the green, with 61!
    Temptation: Ice cream, and effectively avoided (even though there's a tub of cappuccino chip in the freezer calling to me)
    Push-ups: 30

A good start!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options
    Calling for check-ins for 6/23! I've got messages from some of you, and you're doing great! Let's keep each other accountable throughout the weekend! Good luck for 6/24!