Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My 30 Day Shred Results! :)

littlewhiteflower
littlewhiteflower Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
Hey everyone!

A very QUICK story about my journey: Lost 80 lbs in 2012, gained back due to depression, going for it again - this time with way more knowledge about nutrition and not starving myself and exercising excessively.

I decided the best place to start off was with the lovely Jillian Michaels, who kicked my *kitten* a number of times in the past. I wasn't wrong. I'm so happy with these results, and only after 30 days!

11 pounds down. About 50 more to go! :)

lv1vv5bz2grj.png
(I apologize about my messy room...)

Replies

• orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Congratulations!
  • littlewhiteflower
    Thank you!!
  • janellsosajs
    janellsosajs Posts: 57 Member
    Great Job! I love Jillian Michaels and have like every one of her videos. I rotate them every other day cuz I get super bored. Great job for sticking with it!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    nice work !
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    That is a SIGNIFICANT change for only 30 days! Congrats on the results. As you mentioned, don't torture yourself to the point of burnout though. What calorie limit did you stick to during the 'shred'? Just curious! :smiley:
  • newme507
    newme507 Posts: 7 Member
    With God you can accomplish anything.I too lost weight and gained it back. Word of encouragement when we fall just get back up..I am here for you when you need me...
  • craft4fun
    craft4fun Posts: 76 Member
    Congratulations
  • misspancakes
    misspancakes Posts: 96 Member
    Great work. Well done.
  • littlewhiteflower
    That is a SIGNIFICANT change for only 30 days! Congrats on the results. As you mentioned, don't torture yourself to the point of burnout though. What calorie limit did you stick to during the 'shred'? Just curious! :smiley:

Honestly whenever I tell people that I eat under a 1,000 a day, people get upset and concerned HOWEVER this is the amount that I personally feel good sticking with.

I don't like having to continue eating to reach the calorie goal on here. Normally brown rice, turkey, vegetables, and snacks like granola bars are what I eat and I feel fine!

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member

Honestly whenever I tell people that I eat under a 1,000 a day, people get upset and concerned HOWEVER this is the amount that I personally feel good sticking with.

I don't like having to continue eating to reach the calorie goal on here. Normally brown rice, turkey, vegetables, and snacks like granola bars are what I eat and I feel fine!

If you felt good sticking with less than 1000 calories a day, then you wouldn't be overweight in the first place... Sounds like an eating disorder to me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

If you felt good sticking with less than 1000 calories a day, then you wouldn't be overweight in the first place... Sounds like an eating disorder to me.

Agreed.

Also sounds like a recipe for a crash-and-burn.

You didn't gain the weight overnight. It's unrealistic to try and lose it super-fast.

1-2 lbs per week should be enough for anyone your size. I bet you would lose that much on 1500 calories.

Deprivation diets don't work.

I've lost 70 lbs since April eating whatever I feel like within my MFP calorie limit (over 1200).
  • littlewhiteflower

Oh wow. Interesting notion. When I was eating carelessly and excessively, I wasn't thinking about calories in any way. I was eating to fill some contrived emotional void. Now that I'm actively attempting to lose weight, I'm cutting my calories down significantly. I know that it's recommended I eat over a thousand, and some days I do, but mostly I stick around 800-900. I am 100% positive I do not have an eating disorder lol
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2016

Oh wow. Interesting notion. When I was eating carelessly and excessively, I wasn't thinking about calories in any way. I was eating to fill some contrived emotional void. Now that I'm actively attempting to lose weight, I'm cutting my calories down significantly. I know that it's recommended I eat over a thousand, and some days I do, but mostly I stick around 800-900. I am 100% positive I do not have an eating disorder lol

You either won't be able to stick to 800-900 long enough to lose the weight you want, and you'll overeat and gain it all back same as last time, OR, you'll develop health problems like muscle wastage, fatigue, amenorrhoea, hair loss, or worse.
  • littlewhiteflower
    Orphia wrote: »

You either won't be able to stick to 800-900 long enough to lose the weight you want, and you'll overeat and gain it all back same as last time, OR, you'll develop health problems like muscle wastage, fatigue, amenorrhoea, hair loss, or worse.

Okay thank you for your concern
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Nice. I've tried this and gave up but I'm doing level 1 day 2 tomorrow. When I tried this before I lost 4lbs in my first week and a half so I'm really going to try to stay motivated and stick it through this time
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member

Here to support not take away from your dedication to your journey. Those are incredible results :) congrats littlewhiteflower
  • hmmjojobby
    hmmjojobby Posts: 1 Member
    Os there a specific Jillian michaels vídeo that u watch? Or What should i be looking For?
  • littlewhiteflower
    hmmjojobby wrote: »
    Os there a specific Jillian michaels vídeo that u watch? Or What should i be looking For?

Hey! I literally only stuck to 30 Day Shred. 10 days each level. Of course with a break day in between. At times if I was feeling extra spicy I would do 15 minutes of HIIT training with TurboFire.
  • littlewhiteflower

Here to support not take away from your dedication to your journey. Those are incredible results :) congrats littlewhiteflower

I really appreciate this. Thank you, very kindly.
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Congrats! My brother is in medical school and keeps telling me that research shows most of us, if not all, should be in diets that are no more than 1000 calories of wholesome nutrients and your body will get all it needs to be healthy. It's ok that you are at 1000 calories, just make sure it's veggies/fruits/grains/healthy fats/ and lean meats-protein and you will be fine! Awesome job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!