Retaining water?

Options
NatashaCrnjacBoyce
NatashaCrnjacBoyce Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Any suggestions on how to not retain so much water? I've been working out more and am obviously retaining water due to muscle strain? I haven't seen the scale go down, only stay at a certain weight. But what are some other reasons? Can someone please help?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • NatashaCrnjacBoyce
    NatashaCrnjacBoyce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?

Absolutely! Water, and tea. Around 100oz a day
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Retaining water is annoying for trying to measure weight loss, but that water is serving a vital physiological role, which is why your body is retaining it in the first place. It's not a problem to be solved, it's a part of how a healthy body works. Water retention is done to balance osmotic pressure and keep your cells healthy.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you think it's due to your new workout routine, you just have to wait it out.
  • kaylasaurus
    kaylasaurus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, really all you can do is up your water intake and try to consume more potassium rich foods. This is a good article for reference - http://www.muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I drink about that much a day, are you getting your period soon? You retain water then... Also sometimes I have to take a day off from drinking close to 100oz a day, I'll drink 50ish a day for 2 days and my weight will drop, I don't know how to explain it but you may just keep drinking and not giving your body enough time to excrete all of it that's trapped or something lol! Try a day of the daily minimum of 48oz