Needing to lose weight for my self esteem and health

Options
:smile: My friend just introduced me to this site and I am so excited to get started and have someone to be accountable to. I need to lose 85 pounds. My doctor told me if I didn't lose weight he was going to do something drastic. I do NOT want surgery. I want to change my lifestyle. I trust and pray that I can do this with the help of this website and everyones support. thanks!
Rhea

Replies

• brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Rhea
    Make sure you drink your water and write down everything you eat.
    Good luck on your healthy lifestle journey
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
    This is a great site to help you keep focus.
    Just remember to log everything.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You don't need surgery, you just need willpower and motivation. I advise you to go to the section called Success Stories and take a look at people who've lost a LOT more than 85 pounds. You will feel totally motivated. I just read about someone who lost 120 pounds in a year. That is AMAZING! You've taken the first step...log in every day and you will find that this place is a HUGE help! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • chibiyumi
    chibiyumi Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi welcome to the program :) I'm new here too, and with the same purpose as you.
    Let's reach our goal!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Keep to it. You will get more friends if you put a profile picture up. no one will care what you look like, we are all here for the same reasons.
    Just keep at it every day. Once you get a few friends, they will keep you honest and let you know when your slipping.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Rhea!!!! This is a great site to help you get a grip on your eating, enjoy exercise and make friends. Look at the Success Stories section and take a look at the people who have lost weight and many of them lost a great deal more than 85#. The motivation you will get from the groups and people is fabulous!! It is amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Pam
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your new journey. Just take it slow and educate yourself on healthy eating. There are so many sites with great low cal recipes and advice. Buy a food scale so you can always be sure about portion size. Try not to eat processed and fast foods. the more healthy you eat the better results. Watch you sodium and drink a lot of water. Try to at least walk everyday. There are easy walking videos so you don't have to leave the house if you don't want too. It's hard in the beginning until your body gets use to being without the bad foods. Give yourself a treat once in a while. It's not about giving up everything altogether. It's about making better choices, portion control and staying within your goals for the day. I like to eat a lot of food. So I enter my food before I eat it to see if there is something else I can eat that would fit better in my day and give me more points to eat later. Good luck.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes we are here to help.. Feel free to add me is you need more friends and support. I do log in everyday and monitor my friends. You will do it!