Feeling discouraged.

Options
I've been exercising and staying active while eating much better than I used to. Yet, the scale has told me that I have gained weight for two days now. What am I doing wrong? I am feeling awfully discouraged and don't even want to get on my treadmill today.

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Define 'eating much better'? Have you been tracking every calorie you've consumed to ensure you're in a deficit? And if so, have you been tracking accurately? Weighing food to the gram, measuring volume of liquids, etc? The vast majority of the time this is where people go wrong. Also, if you're eating back exercise calories, be cautious. Calories burnt figures tend to be quite a bit over what has actually been burnt. Another thing to remember is that weight fluctuates over a matter of days, so check at the same time on the same day once per week for a more accurate trend.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Get on that treadmill anyway! I know exactly how you are feeling. Weight fluctuations are normal. Try to keep your eye on the bigger prize. Get your work out in. It helps keep me motivated to be better all day long. We can do this!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It could be underestimating calories in, or overestimating calories out, so basically you're not creating the deficit you think you are.

OR it could be simple water retention, standard fluctuations from salt intake or towards TOTM that we all get.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    0vqykasrlksh.jpg

This kind of explains it all.
  • jnwise
    jnwise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ldann09 wrote: »
    I've been exercising and staying active while eating much better than I used to. Yet, the scale has told me that I have gained weight for two days now. What am I doing wrong? I am feeling awfully discouraged and don't even want to get on my treadmill today.

Stay positive maybe it's muscle gain...
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    0vqykasrlksh.jpg

This kind of explains it all.

This is awesome. Thanks!
  • LizSDavis
    LizSDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Keep eating better and exercising. You can do it! Some weeks I don't go over my calorie goals, exercise, drink tons of water, resist cake and cookies and feel so good. Then I get on the scale and I've gained a little or nothing's happened. I feel discouraged too, but I know I've got to keep going. It took me a long time to get to the weight I am and it will take a long time to take it off. I just think it's normal for our bodies to that. There's lots of posts like yours where people don't see the same results week after week. Also don't weight yourself very often, I think once a week is good. Also weight yourself the same time of the day-I do it in the am before I eat or drink anything. When I attended weight watchers the ladies that worked there all weighed themselves, then drank a bottle of water and re-weighed themselves and all of them weighed 1 pound more after drinking the water! Just a tip! Good luck-keep going!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    jnwise wrote: »
    ldann09 wrote: »

Stay positive maybe it's muscle gain...

Not in two days

OP, take a look at this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    It could be underestimating calories in, or overestimating calories out, so basically you're not creating the deficit you think you are.

OR it could be simple water retention, standard fluctuations from salt intake or towards TOTM that we all get.

Considering all the exercise that you have been doing, the water and salt thing was one of the first things that popped in my head. You poor ladies are blessed with beauty and charmed, but cursed with water retention. The answer is there. Please dear god don't give up. Just try a couple of tweeks here and there and you will figure it out. U GOT THIS!!!
  • ldann09
    ldann09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!