Appetite suppressant

Options
I am always hungry!
I am trying to cut back, and I'm definatly eating healthier and drinking a ton of water, but i'm still hungry! I know that fiber fills you up, and that green tea and fish oil are supposed to be good appetite suppressant, but how do you control your being hungry?

Replies

• Jenniebee10
    Jenniebee10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry!
    I am trying to cut back, and I'm definatly eating healthier and drinking a ton of water, but i'm still hungry! I know that fiber fills you up, and that green tea and fish oil are supposed to be good appetite suppressant, but how do you control your being hungry?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I keep myself busy!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i chew gum
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've tried appetite sups before and they worked WHILE I took them but as soon as I was off, I gained everything I lost and then some bonus pounds!

Try drinking more water - or at least 8 oz before each meal/snack.

I also worry about my heart health on them...
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I found that when I think I'm on a 'diet' I'm STARVING!!! Do you eat 6 mini meals or just 3 big ones? I used to do the 3 but like you felt hungry, so now I eat three small ones, Good Luck!
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    I agree....6 small meals is the best. Also, i chew gum, but also try subbing tea for your water a cup or two a day...that seems to work for me :smile:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry!

Are you eating all of your calories? How about exercise calories?

I agree with Sara that spreading out your calories throughout the day helps. I like a night time snack so I save some for that.
    If I'm really hungry I'll eat some fruit. An apple with peanut butter will hold me over till my next feeding time.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    What I do is bulk up my meals with lots of veggies ... like say I'm eating a lean cuisine for dinner. It's pretty skimpy by itself, but with a large bowl of broccoli and maybe even a salad, it's super filling. Plus, I am getting a lot more nutrition with my meal, so my body feels like it's been fed.

Hope that helps!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    What I do is bulk up my meals with lots of veggies

This would be my suggestion. Great advice.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Drinking peppermint tea or grabbing a small amount of almonds is what I have when hungry and it isn't time to eat yet. I've done appetite suppressants before and they made me eat less but weren't any good for in between mealtimes.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of water before everymeal. It fills me up some so I'm not ravenous when I begin eating. Slows eveything down. In the evenings I find having a hot tea fills me up really nicely.
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day and eat a snack at around 10AM and a snack around 2:30 - 3PM. Keeps me feeling pretty full.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    working out is the best appetite suppressant for me.
    also water or tea.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I found that when I think I'm on a 'diet' I'm STARVING!!! Do you eat 6 mini meals or just 3 big ones? I used to do the 3 but like you felt hungry, so now I eat three small ones, Good Luck!

I agree. Eat 6 mini meals a day and include protien with every meal. It will keep you feeling full longer.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    SINCE IVE STARTED WORKING OUT ALOT MY APPETITE ISNT SO BAD NOW. I DRINK ALOT OF WATER AND I CHEW GUM ALOT.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I eat five or six small meals per day, like others have mentioned (so I can eat whenever I'm hungry, basically), I eat protein with every meal, and -- I cut out almost all sugars and processed foods. I find that low-nutrient and sweetened foods make me hungry ALL the time. I wondered all my life why I had such a huge appetite, and now I feel like I have a normal appetite for the first time in my life.