Strength Training

Options
Why are there no calories associated to strength training...? Probably obvious answer but feeling a bit slow today.!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    They are listed under cardio.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you can add it to cardiovascular section above it, it will give you a few calories off.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yea the strength training section is for recroding weight and reps, under cardio there is strength training in minutes for calories burned.
  • psychocrusher
    psychocrusher Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks...told you i was being slow today..!
  • gs7330
    gs7330 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    there is a reason, eyeryone weight trains at a different pace and takes beaks between sets.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you would have to list it as cardio. I suggest getting a HRM so you can get an accurate reading to put in your log
  • pratkovic
    pratkovic Posts: 55
    Options
    It may not burn as many calories as cardio at the point of the actual exercise....but weight training is much better at keeping your metab running faster throughout the day. Your body is constantly repairing the muscle damage you create when you lift weights. Google it. All research shows that yes cardio burns more calories at the time of the exercise but weight training will encourage your metab to run faster throughout the day. Effectively burning more calories.
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Damn, I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about that! Thanks!