Best exercise DVD for noticeable results??

Options
Hello everyone.

Just thought I'd ask what your favourite DVD is to work out to? Which one gave you the best/ most noticeable results?

I'm doing 30 Day Shred at the moment and have most Jillian Michaels ones but want to mix it up a little!

Replies

• AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I did Focus T25. I had great results from it and a few friends had great results as well. Pretty fun workout but does get repetitive at times. The results make it worth it though.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels body revolution and body shred gave me great results!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity and P90X3 are great
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hmrey76 wrote: »
    Jillian Michaels body revolution and body shred gave me great results!
    I haven't got those ones, will check them out!
  • fevermaps
    Options
    insanity and P90X3 are great

I did try insanity but don't think I'm fit enough! I couldn't even do the warm up
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm old school: I find I get the best results from good ole' Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos.
  • aec90210
    aec90210 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anybody try Zumba at home?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For strength training I like Kelly Coffey Meyer. These 2 sites are great for DVD information. Video clips, fitness level, reviews, equipment required, etc.

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/66.htm

For cardio I use a rebounder, not great at choreography.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My favorite are Jillian's Six Week Six Pack, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metablism. Insanity Max30 is a good DVD program too.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    My favorite are Jillian's Six Week Six Pack, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metablism. Insanity Max30 is a good DVD program too.

Do you have to have a good fitness level to do Insanity Max 30?
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've done almost every beachbody workout,piloxong, Zumba and jillian. While Zumba, T25, insanity helped me lose andkeep 5 stone off,I cam honestly say my new Workout (which I started 2 weeks ago) is the only workout that is giving me results In terms of looking leaner and defined. Hammer and Chisel. It's brilliant,tough but u really can feel it working. Wish I had found it 2yrs ago
  • sxymom99
    sxymom99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    10 minute solutions dvds off Amazon. I mixed and matched them for a couple months, lost 14 lbs, and gained a lot of muscle! They have a set of 5 different ones for $15. I did 30 minutes at a time. They really work, and are fun, but pretty intense. :-) I did T25 before them, and all together lost 31 lbs, I have had 5 babies, and I'm 133 lbs with muscle. :smiley:
  • miss_spinkee
    miss_spinkee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started the Jillian shred today! Yay! How are you logging it in your diary? Cardio? Strength?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just started the Jillian shred today! Yay! How are you logging it in your diary? Cardio? Strength?

A combination of cardio and strength = circuit training
  • miss_spinkee
    Options
    Thank you! So I entered circuit for 25mins. The video is 27mins but there's instruction at the beginning. Not giving myself extra time
  • miss_spinkee
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

A combination of cardio and strength = circuit training

Thank you! So I entered circuit for 25mins. The video is 27mins but there's instruction at the beginning. Not giving myself extra time
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Do you have to have a good fitness level to do Insanity Max 30?[/quote]

The thing I like to say about insanity and insanity max 30 is that if you just watch the videos the people in them can't do the whole thing with out taking breaks.

The thing that works is that you keep it up. I went from not working out in years to insanity and yes I couldn't even do the warm up with out taking breaks. I still kept at it though and got better.

I say find a video who's host doesn't annoy you and keep at it.

Good luck

• fevermaps
    edited March 2016
    Options

I log it as strength but now have seen i should log it as circuit, although guess it doesn't matter as use my watch to see how much i've burnt.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »

Do you have to have a good fitness level to do Insanity Max 30?

The thing I like to say about insanity and insanity max 30 is that if you just watch the videos the people in them can't do the whole thing with out taking breaks.

The thing that works is that you keep it up. I went from not working out in years to insanity and yes I couldn't even do the warm up with out taking breaks. I still kept at it though and got better.

I say find a video who's host doesn't annoy you and keep at it.

Good luck

[/quote]

Maybe once i've finished the shred i may have a little more endurance. I would love to do Insanity though, i guess just like the one i'm doing now, if you keep going, you get better at it. Thank you for the reply!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i found P90x was pretty good