Just Getting Started

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm Crystal! I'm 24, & I've been struggling to lose weight for awhile but I'm finally getting serious about my weight loss. For the past 4 years, food has become my security blanket when I was dealing with family situations, suicidal thoughts, & depression. Now that I am living on my own & away from the negativity from my past, I can't seem to break away from my food addiction. So far I have been on a two shake, one meal a day diet going on two weeks strong now. I have a protein shake with protein powder, fresh fruit, & almond milk for breakfast, a slim fast shake for lunch, and a regular healthy meal for dinner. I have also started cutting out meat (chicken, ground turkey, fish) on the weekdays & only eating it on the weekends. Some days I do not get off work til 9 p.m, so on those days I will have my breakfast shake, a healthy meal for lunch, & instead of eating that late at night, I will have either a slimfast shake or no sodium broth for dinner. I have also reinstated my gym membership with Planet Fitness & I also purchased a punching bag. I have not been dieting long but I do feel better already. I have lost 2.6 pounds since last Wednesday, & though it is not much, it's a start. Some days are harder than others. My loving fiance has been a great supporter, but sometimes makes it hard for me to stick to my diet when he goes out & buys food & sweets that he knows are my favorite, knowing that I cannot eat it. I have been tempted & I have given in, but I get right back on my horse and keep going. He has already told me that he will not diet with me, forcing me to have to do groceries for myself seperate, but he has started going to he gym with me to help motivate me to go, because I have high anxiety about going alone, & I adore him even more for that. Right now I am at 254, looking to get down to my highschool weight of 180, then from there down to my goal of 160. I know that I have a longgg way to go, but I'm not giving up this time.

Replies

• Coubelle
    Coubelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm 24. I am in the exact same boat in regards to the food addiction and I'd be really happy to share your journey as you have a lot of similarities to my situation there! I have struggled with my weight for 4 years and have started putting together a blog on here to keep track of my weight loss and stay accountable. You're off to a flying start, well done you!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Proud of you for making changes. If u get it under control now with healthier life choices you won't be 33 like me battling the same 30 lbs over and over
  • mandymop
    mandymop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just starting too , I want to lose at least 3 stone hopefully by the summer. Wishing you luck on your weight loss journey x
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Idk why it doesn't show my whole reply...I also said that I lost 20 lbs in 2 months on shakes but gained it back with interest when I started eating food at all 3 meals again
  • gibbstown
    gibbstown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up your good work! Just started back today myself!!
  • cuhristalrena
    cuhristalrena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind words & support!!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the start and good luck, only one point, meats are great proteins and hold me over longer than carbs and veggies. Curious why you want to cut them out during the week?
    Robert
  • cuhristalrena
    Options
    Robert,
    Thank you! & I have tried different ways of dieting, & a coworker told me about a vegan diet she followed that worked for her. For me, I love baked chicken & other kinds of meats so I did not want to give then up completely. So I figured I would try having meat only on the weekends.

• Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Robert,
    Thank you! & I have tried different ways of dieting, & a coworker told me about a vegan diet she followed that worked for her. For me, I love baked chicken & other kinds of meats so I did not want to give then up completely. So I figured I would try having meat only on the weekends.

I hope it works, I sent a friend request I will promise to be a great cheerleader for you!

• cuhristalrena
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    Robert,

I hope it works, I sent a friend request I will promise to be a great cheerleader for you!

Thank you !
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Robert,

Things work differently for different people. Height, weight, age and medical history makes a huge difference. The most important thing is to find out what works for YOU. Believe in the process. Follow MFP as accurately as you can and you will see results!