Good pre-workout drink without the crash?

Options
I have been using C4 and though I like it, I am looking for something different. My body has gotten so used to the supplement, that it really no longer works for me. I generally spend about 1 1/2 at the gym with 30 minutes of lifting and an hour of cardio.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I use coffee and Tootsie Pops
  • dogs_n_wine
    dogs_n_wine Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee all day to stay alert at my desk so it really doesn't affect me anymore :/ And though I would love tootsie pops, lol, I need a bit more bang and a little less sugar :)
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    try something with clinically dosed ingredients...OutLift would be a good option. There are also new PWOs designed with women in mind that have a little bit lower caffeine content, but if you drink coffee all day you probably need the extra caffeine. Personally I never viewed C4 as anything more than an overpriced dose of caffeine.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I like Mr. Hyde... I don't get a crash from it, but I have a high caffeine tolerance. Go to your supplement store and ask for some samples.
  • dogs_n_wine
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    try something with clinically dosed ingredients...OutLift would be a good option. There are also new PWOs designed with women in mind that have a little bit lower caffeine content, but if you drink coffee all day you probably need the extra caffeine. Personally I never viewed C4 as anything more than an overpriced dose of caffeine.

Yes I agree! That's why I quit using it.
  • dogs_n_wine
    Options
    Anyone have any experience with this?0gy93pj1nclp.jpg
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I use driven sports frenzy but crash bad on it
  • dogs_n_wine
    Options
    Kie_Hughes wrote: »
    I use driven sports frenzy but crash bad on it

I definitely don't want the crash :# Today is especially rough with dang daylight savings time!
  • dogs_n_wine
    Options
    I like Mr. Hyde... I don't get a crash from it, but I have a high caffeine tolerance. Go to your supplement store and ask for some samples.

Thanks!! I also have a high tolerance to caffeine. My blood is made of coffee! I will see if they have samples when I pick up my protein today!
  • jademaid
    jademaid Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Water or FitMiss Ignite
    http://fitmiss.com/store/ignite

• dogs_n_wine
    Options
    jademaid wrote: »
    Water or FitMiss Ignite
    http://fitmiss.com/store/ignite

Have you used this? Does it work really well and really give you that "pump"?
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Fitmiss is a spinoff from musclepharm-basically it's assault but with lower doses of ingredients (including caffeine) and is also a proprietary blend. Judging by your picture you look to be an advanced lifter so you should go with something stronger.
  • dogs_n_wine
    Options
    jmt08c wrote: »
    Fitmiss is a spinoff from musclepharm-basically it's assault but with lower doses of ingredients (including caffeine) and is also a proprietary blend. Judging by your picture you look to be an advanced lifter so you should go with something stronger.

Thanks for that info! Has anyone tried NEON Sport's Volt?
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Honey Badger doesn't make me crash. I normally am good with just a small apple beforehand though for energy