I just need some motivation.

Options
I'm getting frustrated with the scale. I have cut back so many calories, and at my weight I should be losing from this. I just need some motivation to keep me going.

Replies

• dbarnes724
    dbarnes724 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a difference in how your clothes fit or how you feel overall?
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just look less bloated that is about it. My clothes overall fit the same.
  • diederichsenb
    diederichsenb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I notice a small difference in how my clothes fit but not a difference in scale weight. I try not to focus just on the number but it's hard. If you're up for it we could be accountability partners! Keep each other on track with our eating and fitness goals :)
    -Bri
  • BreefitnessBreef88
    BreefitnessBreef88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Do you exercise? You may be putting on muscle or retaining water. That's what's happening with me I think. The scale for me hasn't moved down in over 2 weeks and it's very frustrating. But I do notice I am a little slimmer and more toned which is a good sign.
  • xtina315
    Options
    @diederichsenb that sounds great!! @briannabell88 I'm only walking right now, trying to work myself up again since I haven't done much in the last few years. I'm experiementing this week with eating more calories, because I was so shaky and hungry all the time at around 1200-1300 so I'm trying for 1500-1600 to see if that make a difference on the scale. I have a lot to lose, maybe im just getting impatient lol.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What ever you do don't give up! Change things up, increase your exercise if you can, look back at your food journal from weeks when you saw a loss, sometimes I think our bodies hold on to weight just to test us!! Don't get discouraged get motivated and stick with it, you've got this!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How long have you been at this? According to your diary you haven't even logged a full month so you aren't giving this enough time.
    Peanut butter...you have to be careful with that. I'm not sure how you are measuring but it you are sticking in a spoon and coming out with a big lump then that's most certainly not accurate and you have peanut butter a lot!
    When you are preparing things like eggs and rice are you cooking with butter, coconut oil, or any other ingredients?
    I think you are eating way more than you think. Tightened up your logging and give it a little more time
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    s5au7lvjgs6l.jpg

• xtina315
    Options
    I use a measuring tbsp, and scrap off any excess from the top. I use olive oil spray if I use any so eggs do not stick on the pan, but most times I don't use anything.
  • xtina315
    Options
    I have PCOS, so it does make it more difficult to lose weight.