Hello

Options
My name is Kirsten and I am new here. My current weight is 159.2 and my goal weight is 132. I am doing the Turbo Fire workout program. I have been doing this for about a week and I am loving it so far. I am starting with the Prep Schedule, then I will move to the regular schedule and then I hope to add Chalean Extreme and do the hybrid schedule. I am a big fan of Chalene Johnson. She really motivates me.

I work in an office and I am also working on starting my own business. I teach acting classes and work as a creativity coach offering workshops and working with clients one on one.

I just created this ticker thingy so I am hoping it will work. I'm pretty much a newbie to message boards.

I'm glad I found this site and I am looking forward to connecting with everyone.

:smile: Kirsten

8833824.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• karocal
    karocal Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey im knew to this site to, just started yesterday .Feel free to add me as a friend .Good luck with your weight loss :smile:
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello yes this is a great site feel free to add me ,if you like i think we all need someone to motivate us.
  • mamakay43
    mamakay43 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today. I am a 55 year old grandmother. I have been overweight my whole life. Or atleast that is what I was made to believe. When I was in high school I was made fun of and ridiculed daily because I was fat. I joined Weight Watchers in Dec. 2006 and lost 128 pounds. I weighed 187 and I can tell you I was not fat. I weighed the same in high school and because I was not stick skinny I was told I was fat. I internalized it and believed it and ate to comfort myself. When I started Weight Watchers I weighed 315.2 lbs. I weigh presently 267.8 and I am so disappointed in myself. My self esteem is spiraling downward because I just feel like such a failure. I had a partner when I started WW and we kept each other supported daily. We exercised together and were there for each other. She and I no longer spend time together and I have not been able to find someone else to exercise with here in my small town. I do exercise to Leslie Sansone three days a week. I do the 2 mile in 30 minute walk and I really do enjoy it. But I feel so alone in this. I know what to do and I did it before. Why can I not get motivated to do it again? I am just so tired of fighting this over and over and over.:flowerforyou:
  • lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @mamakay43 Your not alone, everyone on these threads is here to support you. Remember that. It sounds like you've had some trouble but are on the right track now. Have you tried looking for a group class to exercise with or finding local classes you can attend? You may make some friends in the process.

A few girls from my work started Zumba together at a local high school at night and now love it and encourage each other to go each time. Keep in mind you have more support than you may realize and it starts from within and everyone here.

Friend me and we can be each others support :)
  • Malineek
    Malineek Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I can already tell this is going to be an awesome place to help me stay motivated and on track. I'm not sure how to reply on these boards. Do I reply to the last message, individual messages or to the original message? So many choices!?! :happy:

@mamakay43 and @lindsayfranke Thank you both for your conversation. It is helpful to know none of us are alone here. I exercise at home alone. Sometimes my daughter will exercise with me, but since I do it at 5:30 in the morning, she's not so eager to participate consistently. She will join me on the weekends though. I exercise with DVD's and I really like the motivating music and the trainer - that helps a lot too. I tend to eat when I am bored, upset, procrastinating, celebrating, lonely, etc. - food has never just been "fuel" for me. Letting go of that is difficult, but as long as I don't expect instant results and can stick with the process, I really believe I can do this.

@quaters and @karocal I friended you both! Thank you for connecting. I really appreciate the company!
  • lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I can already tell this is going to be an awesome place to help me stay motivated and on track. I'm not sure how to reply on these boards. Do I reply to the last message, individual messages or to the original message? So many choices!?! :happy:

@mamakay43 and @lindsayfranke Thank you both for your conversation. It is helpful to know none of us are alone here. I exercise at home alone. Sometimes my daughter will exercise with me, but since I do it at 5:30 in the morning, she's not so eager to participate consistently. She will join me on the weekends though. I exercise with DVD's and I really like the motivating music and the trainer - that helps a lot too. I tend to eat when I am bored, upset, procrastinating, celebrating, lonely, etc. - food has never just been "fuel" for me. Letting go of that is difficult, but as long as I don't expect instant results and can stick with the process, I really believe I can do this.

@quaters and @karocal I friended you both! Thank you for connecting. I really appreciate the company!

Another 5:30am workout buddie! It's tough getting up and working out that early alone... but doesn't it feel awesome? You have your entire day and night ahead of you, its great. I workout to DVD's too and think how did I go to a gym and hang on an elliptical all those times? Boring! haha

As far as eating - I will support you any and every way I can! :)