Wedding Day!

Options
I'm getting married in October and would love to drop about 30 to 40 pounds before that. I'm willing to work hard and bust my butt to look beautiful on the big day but, it's always so hard for me to keep motivated. I'm hoping to friend some of you other lovely ladies "sweating for the wedding" so we can help keep each other in check. :)

Replies

• andrewjbaker1984
    andrewjbaker1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not a lady or particularly lovely but I'm getting married in October too. What date is yours?

I'm not looking to lose much weight if I'm honest, maybe just a few pounds. My main concern is making sure I don't put anything on. Looking at suits at the beginning of April so want to be at my fighting weight then!
  • cynfee00
    cynfee00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at a very late start! I'm getting married the end of May and need all the help and motivation I can get.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Exciting time for you- do have a dress yet at all? if not- make sure you go get one soon- you're running out of time!!

Soooooo- optimistically I'd look at 30 pounds. 40 is pushing it.
    You have essentially 5 months- because you're going to need to get your dress fitted during the month before- so you can't be losing more weight that month.
    So say- April, May, June, July, and August- that's 20 weeks- at 1.5 pounds per week- that's 30 pounds.

Again- being optimistic- 25 is probably more realistic- but you can aim for 30.

I honestly feel like doing it just for the wedding is a rubbish idea- life long choices to improve your goal and maintain your life/body are going to take you further then sweating for the wedding.

But it's doable and you should be able to make good progress if you buckle down and don't dilly dally. Don't rely on motivation- just do it- because the goal should superseded emotional warm fuzzies.

So ask yourself- are your goals bigger than your immediate comfort? Any time you question NOT doing something- ask yourself that.
  • ldavis2237
    ldavis2237 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sam, I am also getting married in October and started this weight loss regiment on 01/01 and I have lost 30 pounds so far and I would like to lose at least 40 more. I would be happy to work together to stay motivated because my motivation is starting to wane with cake tastings and family events.
  • cynfee00
    cynfee00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka Thank You! I am so excited and counting down the days. Everything is pretty much done with the exception of the little things. My dress is a corset top so there really isn't much to take in other than tie it super tight