Are You A Pear Or An Apple? (body shape)

Options

Replies

• fattymclardass
    Options
    I'm more of a watermelon

lmao
    Me too
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    A small pair. My hips/butt is getting a lot firmer and smaller. Seems to be all in my mid section as you can tell in my default photo.
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think that i am an apple ,never have had a small waist.
  • sjhoffman
    sjhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Apple! The best thing about getting overweight is I finally have a butt!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    By this definition I am technically a pear.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a watermelon

Me too!
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    100 percent pear...baby got back and no boobs..
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I use to be an apple (all my weight or lots of it in the belly)
    I'm turning into an hourglass yaaahh
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I am an apple, but I used to be a pumpkin.

This is actually an important question. People who have apple shapes and gain weight around their mid-section are much more prone to heart disease and other health concerns than people who gain weight in their hips and bottom.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    apple
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Pear......I have no boobs up top and have larger hips.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Banana - Hips and chest measurements close to the same, poorly defined waist even when thin, slender legs. Excess fat goes to my belly first, then upper hips and midsection, then continues up the torso. Not much flab goes to my butt, and I've never had problems with my thighs. Not even cellulite goes there.

http://www.egypt-fashion.com/fashion-tips/are-you-banana-apple-pear-hourglass-or-round
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm apple...which is okay but I'd rather be an hourglass shape and be happy!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pear! Got some junk in the trunk :laugh:

I've always carried my weight in my legs and tushy- that was part of realizing that I needed to start working on it- when I start gaining weight in my tummy!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple..despite having boobs and a butt my belly is where i store most of my fat...
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Apple. I tend to store fat directly on my tummy! However, I wouldn't change my shape because when I am fit I look lean and athletic! I should add that since giving birth my hips are a bit wider so I'm really excited to see if my hips will balance out my broad shoulders once I get back down to pre-pregnancy weight. =)
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Banana - Hips and chest measurements close to the same, poorly defined waist even when thin, slender legs. Excess fat goes to my belly first, then upper hips and midsection, then continues up the torso. Not much flab goes to my butt, and I've never had problems with my thighs. Not even cellulite goes there.

http://www.egypt-fashion.com/fashion-tips/are-you-banana-apple-pear-hourglass-or-round

Thanks for posting that link!1 It confuses me though- I'm closest to hourglass according to their definition but only 8% of women are? so I guess I'm best described as a pear
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting that link!1 It confuses me though- I'm closest to hourglass according to their definition but only 8% of women are? so I guess I'm best described as a pear

They say 46% of women are bananas, which confused me. If a plurality of women are built like I am, then why is it so difficult to find anything that fits my thick natural waist without being way too big everywhere else? Love mid and low rise jeans - I can actually buy some that don't look like they were made by Omar the Tent Maker.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglass.
    I don't have big boobs nor do I have a big butt. But my waist is defined. My chest and hips measure almost the same.

The cool thing is I lose weight everywhere and I don't have "problem areas". But I also gain weight everywhere, my arms, stomach, fingers, whatever!
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    i'm an apple I guess??? I have a small butt & thighs & gain all my weight in my tummy & love handles.