Wheat Grass

Options
I'm hearing good things about wheat grass.

For those of you that partake,

How do you take it? Powder? Liquid? Frozen? Freeze-dried?

How do you feel? Can I take it at night or should I take it in the morning?

Soo many questions, I know, but if I'm going to purchase it, I want to make sure I'm purchasing something right!!

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    my boss does it.. he is a body builder he is always trying to get me to try it. Powder and the water must be cold.. but i am thinking that veggies will have the same effect...
  • Nit2Winit11
    Options
    I just started taking a powder supplement with wheat grass in it last month. It also has other stuff in it (barley grass, kelp, FOS, chlorella, and brown rice). I noticed an increase in my energy levels since I started taking, but I know part of that is also because I have been exercising regularly too. So far I have no complaints, but I don't think I have been taking it long enough to really give a complete informed review of it.

I try to take it in the mornings for the energy boost, but sometimes I forget so I take it at night too. But preference is definitely early. It mixes really well in orange juice. And I have heard some people say they like it in apple juice too. Never tried it in water.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've only used it fresh. One word of advice - take it on an empty stomach, and wait another 30 min or so before eating. I forgot one morning that I had already had a cup of hot chocolate... lets just say the result was not so good. :sick:
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    powder, in smoothies. i do feel more energetic and good overall when i start the day with wheatgrass.... then again i'm completely open to the idea this might just be a psychological placebo effect ;) even so, wheat grass is detoxifying, has high alkalinity, and is full of vitamins, enzymes and all essential amino acids so i'd take it anyway, regardless of how it makes me feel.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I've only used it fresh. One word of advice - take it on an empty stomach, and wait another 30 min or so before eating. I forgot one morning that I had already had a cup of hot chocolate... lets just say the result was not so good. :sick:

Pray tell... what were the symptoms?
  • lovehavingkids
    lovehavingkids Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has compared the wheat grass capsules compared to fresh wheat grass juice. The juice is so gross, i just can't do it. Just ordered some really great capsules that are supposed to be the best. Just wondering if anyone has tried both and what they think. Of course fresh is best......but......