Garmin Connect and MFP syncing issues

Options
Chiqui74
Chiqui74 Posts: 72 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Is anyone having trouble getting their calorie log from MFP and the Calorie In/Out section of Garmin Connect to sync? I bought a FR 235 a few days ago to replace my Fitbit Charge HR and I'm about to throw it against the wall!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Mine has been fine, there was platform maintenance on Saturday though.
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Me too. Just purchased as well. It is syncing exercise calories to mfp though. Who knows? I'm giving it a bit more time to figure it out since this is my first day logging with the new watch.
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Everything seems to be working fine for me. Garmin Connect was down for Maintenance on Saturday/Sunday. other than that no problems.
  • 19ALW75
    19ALW75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Garmin Connect and MFP are not syncing for me either. I disconnected from both sides and reconnected but it didn't help. Still searching for a fix.
  • aragon160
    aragon160 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with calorie in/out with MFP and Garmin Connect. It worked yesterday however, it has stopped working today. This is on iOS ... attempted to reboot the mobile device, re-link the app, log calories via connect app, re-sync form both apps. Nothing has worked.
  • Chiqui74
    Options
    I've tried all that and still nothing. It doesn't work on the web version of Connect or the iOS version.
  • aragon160
    aragon160 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing to note, is that there was a firmware revision (SW:3.00)for my vivosmart HR that was installed today... not sure if it could or would have anything to do with the issue
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that it syncs better when you open up the Garmin Connect app, sync your data, then open MFP, then close/quit Garmin Connect and reopen it when MFP is still running in the background. :joy:

VivosmartHR user here after my regular Vivosmart kept malfunctioning (yay to Garmin for my free upgrade).
  • vanderlipr
    vanderlipr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. No joy on the syncing of calorie data to Garmin Connect. I am getting the data from GC to MFP. I have tried all the usual things but am coming up empty handed. Just have to wait and see if it corrects itself with the next updates.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    it has been iffy for me lately. I had to refresh multiple times for it to see something on the web. luckily my active calories are coming over to MFP
  • Chiqui74
    Options
    I have nothing coming over to MFP.
  • luvimama
    luvimama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My calories were syncing on Saturday to GC... but not for the last two days....
  • Chiqui74
    Options
    I'm gonna give it a few more days to sort itself out. If the shenanigans continue, I'll go back to the Fitbit for everyday tracking.
  • Debkosar
    Debkosar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also having issues today with My Fitness Pal and Garmin not synching! I can see the correct data in my summary on My Fitness Pal but the calories are not synching over the Garmin. Very frustrating!!
  • Debkosar
    Debkosar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also getting data from GC to MFP but not from MFP to GC
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Chiqui74 wrote: »
    I'm gonna give it a few more days to sort itself out. If the shenanigans continue, I'll go back to the Fitbit for everyday tracking.
    Hopefully it works out for you. I love the fitbit challenges (which I still do) but I found my garmin calorie adjustments to be more accurate for me.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Debkosar wrote: »
    I am also getting data from GC to MFP but not from MFP to GC

Ditto! Very frustrating! It did this a few days ago as well, but ended up connecting in the evening. My GC has been extremely fickle. It keeps showing I have 0 steps for the day (I ran 8 miles today) and 0 miles on the leaderboards. So annoying. Hopefully it's some bug that the software developers are working through. I had an update install on my Garmin forerunner 235 today or yesterday. That might be the problem.
  • amak268
    amak268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well maybe it is not MFP problem if you see in reports/activities/calories you will see MFP sends the data correctly but in Garmin calories in/out doesn't show it so maybe it is Garmin problem
  • no66no66
    no66no66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having the same issues with calories syncing from MFP to GC. Activities are syncing, but no calories. Syncing between my Fenix3 and GC goes well.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, I had to unlink/relink to get updates flowing again.