Zumba

Options
I do an hour of Zumba twice a week. Last time I tried to log it, nothing came up. Does anyone know what I should log?

Replies

• Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
  • KimberSt
    KimberSt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    High Impact Aerobics
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I log mine as dancing general.
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I created Zumba in my exercise log or you can log it as aerobics,dancing.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just added zumba as a workout, i log it at 400-500 calories although I am sure I burn more than that
  • vmendoza18
    vmendoza18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You will not find the zumba workout on mfp. You need a HRM (heart rate monitor) to calculate your calories burned. Before i had mine i used to log it in as dancing general but it really under estimates the calories you burn. While logging it in as dancing general, it used to tell me i would burn around 290 when in reality with my hrm i really burn around 600-700 calories. You should get one, i highly recommend it.
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    If you are using a HRM (which I highly reccomend using) then just create your own exercise. Using anything on MFP will be innacurate. Until I got my HRM I used Dancing, Aerobic, modern ballet or twist...and that was the closest to what the HRM said. But it was still off.
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I log it as Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    According to the calculator on the Zumba web - 20 mins was 192 calories but this will be dependent on weight. my weight is 143 pounds.

I have now added this to my exercise list :)
  • healthysmiles
    healthysmiles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just did some research and found that the estimated calorie burn for a 155lb person would be around 400 , i made my own exercise and just logged it as that :}