Who do I get my Fitbit to adjust my calorie allowance

saw1969
saw1969 Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
New to Fitbit so not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've linked MPF and my Fitbit, it's counting my steps but my calories are not adjusting to give me more. I was using my iPhone before and it stated to adjust from about 200 steps. It's only the beginning of the day but I've taken 800 steps so far (aiming for 10,000) but there has been no adjustment?

Replies

• knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Mine doesn't start adding anything until I have at least 5000 steps in.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Mine starts adding after about 3000 but MFP is set to sedentary. The more active you tell MFP you are the more steps it takes to get an adjustment - you can't deceive your fitbit.
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    yarwell wrote: »
    Mine starts adding after about 3000 but MFP is set to sedentary. The more active you tell MFP you are the more steps it takes to get an adjustment - you can't deceive your fitbit.

Strange. Mine is set to sedentary as well. Then again I think it underestimates my calorie burn a bit. I calculated my input, output and actual results for the last month and it was underestimating my tdee by about 400 calories per week. Pretty close overall, though.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    I'm also set to sedentary and it starts adding around 1200. I'm pretty big still though. 273 and 5'10.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I'm set to sedentary and it starts giving me calories at 8000, and by 1500 I have 110 extra calories hahaha.
    I just ignore it. It is a loaner to see if it is worth using one. I don't think I will bother buying one.
    I am small 5'1, 103lbs.

Cheers, h.
  • saw1969
    saw1969 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks folks it kicked in after a couple of thousand steps. :)