Low Calories High Protein

Options
I am looking for snacks that have a low calorie count but are high in protein. I have cut my calories and added cardio to my workout and have lost 25 pounds. My problem is I’m not taking in enough protein and I can feel myself getting weaker when I am lifting weights at the gym. Any ideas for quick low cal, high protein snacks that I can take to work with me to snack on.

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love Boar's Head turkey from the deli. I believe 4 oz. (which is actually quite a lot) is around 120 calories? Boar's Head is definitely the best tasting turkey I've ever had.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love Boar's Head turkey from the deli. I believe 4 oz. (which is actually quite a lot) is around 120 calories? Boar's Head is definitely the best tasting turkey I've ever had.

whats the sodium intake though?

Lean unprocessed meats are always a good option and plenty of flavoring options that dont add sodium. Seafood is a great option as well. not necessarily snack ideas but its easy to incorporate more protein into meals. You can always try a protein shake
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

whats the sodium intake though?

Lean unprocessed meats are always a good option and plenty of flavoring options that dont add sodium. Seafood is a great option as well. not necessarily snack ideas but its easy to incorporate more protein into meals. You can always try a protein shake

They have a low sodium option.
  • pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    Try an egg white protein powder.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Check out this post. She made No Bake Protein Bars. Def trying them out tonight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270600-my-first-no-bake-protein-bar
  • massmech8111
    Options
    Try a protein supplement..Optimum Nutrition makes a graeat tasting protein mix that is awesome..check out my diary if you wanna good example of protein and how to get it...hope it helps:)
  • cstibbe
    cstibbe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love to eat egg whites for a snack. I buy the carton of them and have half a cup everyday, which equals two large eggs. 60 calories, 14g of protein! I don't know if these will work for you if you bringing your snack to work, but just a suggestion!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary. I aim for 100g of protein a day and I hit 1500 calories on a regular basis. My favorites are greek yogurt, low sodium roast beef, and my protein smoothies that I blend up for dinner every night. Those 3 things definitely provide the bulk of my daily protein.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    greek yogurt or make yourself a protein shake. I actually make mine and they are yummy:

scoop of protein powder
    half cup of greek yogurt
    teaspoon (or two) of honey
    1 tbspn flaxseed meal
    appropriate amount of water
    ice
    then blend and enjoy
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    I have Atkins Advantage protein bars, I think it's up to 19g of protein per bar for abour 200cal. Usually I have half of it.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Buddig does 90 cal lunch meat packs for 10g protein. Raw nuts in small portions. a small can of tuna is 100-120 cals for 24-26g protein. Egg substitute.

Or you can go old school and do fruits/veggies.

If you want more suggestions, go ahead and message me, I lost (and maintain) with low cal/ high protein :) 2 years and going strong!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily call this a snack but if you can sneak a bowl of my "poor man's chili" in it's loaded in protein and very filling. Extremely low carb and low cal too.

Brown 2lb of lean, ground turkey burger, season to taste with chili powder, add a can of Bushs Chili Beans, 1 jar of chunky salsa, and 8 oz of low sodium tomato juice (or less if you like yours a little thicker). This makes 8 servings (LARGE servings).
    Per serving: 280 calories, 12 carbs, 11 gms fat, 30 protein, 9 calcium
  • mwinslow67
    Options
    These are some great Ideas......Thanks
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    bump!