Wii games

Options
So as well as going to the gym, ive got a wii machine. Ive got wii fit, and wii sports and was thinking about getting Zumba for wii. I have a polar ft4, so i can accurately count caloires.

Which games on wii fit and sports are the best to burn more calories?
And, what other games can people reccoemmend for me to buy?

8049612.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like the stepping game on the wii fit. You can put the balance board on a higher step and burn more, but I love that you can "free-style" step and do it while watching TV or something.
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i would suggest getting zumba for the wii it is great
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wii Active!!!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wii Active is a huge workout that does all areas and uses you fit-board (or not if you don't have one...optional) and also a tension band to give you resistance.
  • RachButeaux
    Options
    Your shape is good. It has a camera that watches you exercise and encourages you to keep going and gives you a score. I really like it and feel like it's a proper workout. You do need a bit of space to move around though.
  • Squeeky18
    Squeeky18 Posts: 4
    Options
    I like free step if you've got the step since you burn more calories and you can watch tv AND set a time limit of 10, 20 or 30 minutes. I don't know how many calories you burn on Wii Sports...I enjoy Wii Sports Resort as it has a sword-fighting game that you can get really into and work up a sweat. Also, on Wii Fit, I enjoy the rythm boxing.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like just dance 2 and gold's gym dance workout for wii ! also, wii tennis and bowling are fun and get you moving a little.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have several, the wii zumba is ok not fast enough for me
    the active is good as well..I love the wii personal trainer
    i can burn about 450 calories doing this for 45 minutes or so
    that is per my hrm.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i love biggest loser usa challenge (2010) i work out lots, run long distance and once a wek work out hard with a personal trainer and this 'game' on a hard setting with 60+ min workouts kill, even had me feeling sick during one and I'm getting a 500+ cal burn for less then 90 min workouts - it is fab so interactive much more so then wii fit you get told off told to work harder or praised and can specifiy lots of settings to work on what ever areas you want to work harder on
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    think ill look at getting a few more games then. How often does everyone use their wii for fitness?
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d0ni
    d0ni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a few different games because I like to switch it up. I've found Zumba and Your Shape to be two of my favorites, since I have just been starting. I also have checked out a few games (just dance 1 &2, golds gym, etc) for free from my local library to see if they are something I want to invest in (but the waiting time is really long sometimes).
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    I love just dance 2, your shape and have just bought zumba all really good but never totally convinced of calorie burn. Does anyone else think that? Need to get an HRM when get chance :happy:
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Just dance 2,Wii active ,wii tennis ,I just got wii Zumba I am still learning it but it is a good work out