Love Disney, Does Anyone Else Here at MFP?

Options
HomeatWDW
HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
Hello everyone, I just got a Garmin Vivosmart HR to kickstart my return to good habits. I see it's compatible with MFP, so I thought I'd give this a go too. I'll confess up front that I'm a Disney fanatic, even though I'm far from being a kid. I live in Florida and have an annual pass, so I get my fix regularly and even get some exercise in if I got to Epcot and hike my lazy butt around World Showcase a couple of times. I'm hoping to meet others here who share the Disney passion or just a desire to get into better shape. I had actually done so through exercise and healthy eating but totally dropped out of my good habits due to a combination of a sedentary new job and moving to a new house. I'm 51 years old now, so it's time to shed this extra weight and get fit again. This looks like a supportive place to do it, so here I am.

Replies

• Neykoll
    Neykoll Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love Disney, I've only been to the world four times. Right now I am losing weight for my fifth trip, my son's first. I plan on being able to do anything he wants without my extra weight making me feel like warmed over mouse poop. MFP does help, I've yo-yo'd my weight for years, this time it goes for good. 75lbs will go by October 2017! Good luck to you :)
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words! I'd really really love to do one of the 5Ks or 10Ks at WDW someday. I dabbled in running in my last successful major weight loss attempt. I have a foot problem now but it's improving so I hope to get bak to it. Good luck to you on your journey! Hopefully you'll get to see the new Star Wars and Pixar attractions and maybe even Avatar land if they ever finish that. I'm beginning to wonder, ha ha.