still not understanding the negative calorie adjustment

Options
Sedentary, 2 lbs per week, 1750 calories allowed 1479 eaten, 311 exercise calories..... 4833 steps for minus 220? Other days I do no exercise and less steps and get additional calories from steps. If I burn calories how can I have calories taken away?

Replies

• Stefan_Bogdan
    Stefan_Bogdan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hello. i think you need to also give some other stats , age , height , wight, and then we see if you have the right calories ...
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It ignores the steps you took during the logged exercise. Ie it counted 4833 steps, you logged 311 exercise cals. If you entered the time you started the exercise and the amt of time it took then it ignores all steps from that period. You already claimed them as part of the exercise log so you don't get them twice. Does that help?
  • Sheretaw
    Sheretaw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It helped me. Thanks.
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If your activity level on a day is less than MFP thinks it will be it will take away calories to keep you in deficit. Check that you have MFP set to sedentary , log all exercise through the fitness tracker and allow it to sync across. I find this much easier to follow you may still start your day with negative calories but this will balance out very quickly, and no sudden drops after lunch that makes dinner a sad occasion
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    It ignores the steps you took during the logged exercise. Ie it counted 4833 steps, you logged 311 exercise cals. If you entered the time you started the exercise and the amt of time it took then it ignores all steps from that period. You already claimed them as part of the exercise log so you don't get them twice. Does that help?

This. The best thing to do is log your exercise in your activity tracker's app so you have a more accurate idea of your adjustment.
  • smauk4324
    smauk4324 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes very helpful, thanks. So if I exercise should I just not wear it during exercise that day?
  • jacquifrench304
    jacquifrench304 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wear the tracker , sync the tracker to MFP . Your tracker will give you more accurate numbers for calories burned than the MFP calculation does.
    You do not need to enter your exercise to MFP it will do it all automatically for you
  • smauk4324
    smauk4324 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the exercise calories that day are from weight training....so I entered it into MFP separately. Is it best just to not manually enter any weight training and the let the tracker account for that, or not wear it during that time and enter the weight training time?
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'd wear it then let it know what you were doing during that time. It won't really work the way you want for non step-based exercise. By doing this you can still count your daily steps but won't double dip. Plus if you start taking it on/off you'll end up leaving/losing it. (Well I would anyway)!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have mine sync'd with mapmyfitness and log my weight training on that (other gym workout) and let it do it's thing. Usually gives me about 75 extra calories per session.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wear your tracker. Log your exercise in to the software for your tracker, not MFP. The tracker software will adjust as needed and send it over to MFP.
  • RodneyCornelius
    RodneyCornelius Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tend to leave it all of the time and let my fitbit sync across to MFP. I do specify the type of exercise in Fitbit to keep track. So far there has been no double-counting.

I do mostly spinning (2x a week), bodypump (3x a week), and then an intense weekend activity on top.