Healthy Dressing?

I have compared the nutritional facts until i could pass out on salad dressings. What would be the best option, instead of opting for one of the high sodium/high fat/high carb salad dressing out there? Any homemade recipes?

Replies

• pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I make my own Balsamic Dressing.

1/2 cup olive oil
    3Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
    1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    1 clove minced garlic
    Whatever herbs strike my fancy

Tasty and 54 calories per serving. I do not add salt, so my version is low sodium as well.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Google this: "Instant Nonfat Yogurt Salad Dressing: No Guilt, All Flavor"
  • Backagainbbg3
    Backagainbbg3 Posts: 35 Member
    I put on one pantleg at a time
  • beatingobesityforlife
    beatingobesityforlife Posts: 121 Member
    pdxwine wrote: »
    I make my own Balsamic Dressing.

1/2 cup olive oil
    3Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
    1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    1 clove minced garlic
    Whatever herbs strike my fancy

Tasty and 54 calories per serving. I do not add salt, so my version is low sodium as well.

Oh nice thank you so much i will have to try that!! Sorry it took me so long to respond!!
  • beatingobesityforlife
    beatingobesityforlife Posts: 121 Member
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Google this: "Instant Nonfat Yogurt Salad Dressing: No Guilt, All Flavor"

Thank you so much!! ^_^
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I have fallen in love with Bolthouse Farms Avocado and Cilantro dressing. Low cal/fat/salt and friggin delicious.

http://www.bolthouse.com/product/cilantroavocado
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    This pin has had explosive interest in the past month, "Salad dressing 101".

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845557282/

I've reconciled myself to the fat content, as it makes the salad so much more palatable and filling. Your own home-made dressing can be so tasty though, and you totally control the ingredients.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    I use apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and oregano.

No oil.... It's surprisingly really tasty!

I use Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    keep in mind that fat in salad dressing isn't necessarily a bad thing and in fact, important to nutrient absorption from many of the things in said salad...not to mention, no fat dressings taste like *kitten*. I do use lower fat dressings though...I like Newman's Own dressings personally...particularly the vinaigrette and light Italian.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    You gotta try Bernsteins Light Cheese Fantastico. Its my favorite! I actually want to have a salad just because of this dressing.
  • dt2k5
    dt2k5 Posts: 7 Member
    The problem with dressing is that the perfect emulsion is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. EVOO adds to allot of the daily fat intake.

I have found a 3 parts vinegar to 1 part oil is just as tasty. Red wine or balsamic vinegar is what I like.