Office Lunch Time Exercise... Anyone?

Options
kapeluza
kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
I was wondering how many of you exercise during your lunch break? I work in an office/office attire and my gym is only 2 blocks away. It just occurred to me that I could sneak in a 40 min walk at the gym during lunch but I am really concern about getting really sweaty and gross by the time I get back to the office.

Does anyone work out during your lunch break??? Which exercises do you do and for how long?

I would appreciate any insight into the subject :)

Thank you kindly!

Replies

• kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/express/20-minute/the-ultimate-lunch-hour-workout/ Fitnessmagazine.com has a few. Just go there and search "lunch hour workout" :)
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I take a brisk 20 minute walk. It's just long enough to get a decent heart rate, but not long enough to get super sweaty and gross.
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i run for 39 mins its 3 miles, i sit in front of a fan as soon as i come back to cool off. i change my clothes completely including under garments and generally freshen up before getting dressed back in work clothes...
  • lisdedieu
    lisdedieu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work out during lunch (have a 45 minute break during the summer)... I don't have time for a thorough shower, so my hair unfortunately usually stays sweaty, but dries out in about 30 minutes. For my body, I use baby wipes, reapply deodorant, and apply a light spritz of body spray (something not too strong).

A lot of people here work out at the corporate gym on campus, so usually they know why you're sweaty and/or all red in the face.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Thanks a lot!!

I might try going tomorrow! I am just so slow getting dressed and changed lol. I have 60 min lunch break so I think I can sneak in a little walk!
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Take a t-shirt and some personal hygiene products to work. I try to do at least 1.5 mile at a brisk pace and its not so bad...depending on the weather. A perfect way to get in a free convienent exercise.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym on lunch 3-4 times a week. Luckily the dress code where I work is very lax, so I don't wear anything super nice. I do my cardio first, then weights, then stretching so by the time I have to change I'm cooled off. Not super clean, but no one here cares/notices/mydeskisfarawayfromeveryoneelse. I've also noticed a good sweat greatly reduces all the tension that builds up in my shoulders/neck while sitting at a computer all day.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I was walking 20-30 mins covering a lil over a mile, but the summer heat kicked in and I stopped. Good luck!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym 3 days a week during lunch. I work in office attire as well, but I do shower at the gym.

I have a "flexible" work schedule if you want to call it that. I do not have a strict lunch hour or starting time. As long as I get the job done life is good.

On gym days, I leave around 11:00-11:30 depending on my schedule. Workout about 40 minutes or more. Then shower and head back to eat lunch.

If you can't fully shower at the gym, I used to freshen up in the sink. A little deodorant and spritz ... I was ready take on the rest of the day.

Good luck. You will like the lunch time workout.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I sometimes do the stairs, but only once at a time so I don't get sweaty and nasty.
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been walking 30 minutes a day until recently. It is 100 degrees here and just to (blankity) HOT to walk! Besides, when I get back to the office I am DRIPPING with sweat!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Before I used my bike/walk/run to work as a workout I would go walk at lunch. Now I only do Yoga at lunch on Friday's (through the office)
  • cfer843625
    cfer843625 Posts: 57
    Options
    I usually do a quick walk during my morning and afternoon break. I work at a hospital, so I walk around the floor (I am on a secure floor as I am in Medical Records) and I do a few sets of stairs also. I used to do 6 floors of stairs on my way to lunch but I dont do that anymore.... I get in at least 30 minutes of the walks I do. I do get a lil warmer than I would like sometimes but its not terrible but then again, Im only in scrubs....
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do a 30-45 minute workout then shower and head back to work all of the time. I come back to my desk (with lunch in hand) a little warm and sweaty but it feels so great to know that my workout is done for the day and that my night is mine.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    I usually wake up at 5am and go to the gym, shower there and just head to work so I do have hygiene items with me. I will try this tomorrow :) I'll just wear the sweaty gym clothes from the 5 am workout during lunch and take a quick 5 min shower and head back to work!

It's 100 degrees here too so walking outside is a no go. Besides usually when I am done showering and whatnot in the morning as soon as I step outside it's so humid I start sweating lol.

I am trying to do 3 workouts a day, I know crazy but I am trying to keep up with my polar exercise program lol!
  • jennfer71
    jennfer71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually take about a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood where my office is whenever the weather cooperates. Still leaves me enough time to grab lunch & not feel rushed. :)