Introvert seeking social support

Options
lore112
lore112 Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey all :) I have been using this app and basically doing this journey alone for a while. I have reached a point where I would really like some support, encouragement and friends that get it. I have numerous health issues and have taken my weight and health into my own hands for lack of a better phrase. I may not talk a great deal but I keep people in my thoughts and know that I am rooting for you every day! It would be great to having some people to chat with that understand the rollercoaster of getting fit, chronic illness, dealing with doctors, fighting the urges to binge and people to share in personal successes.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Hi there. You can add me :) I am also an introvert, so much so that my husband thinks I hate people. I just value time alone. I am little less introverted online and getting more outgoing on this site. I would be happy to chat and vent as needed.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Hi there. You can add me :) I am also an introvert, so much so that my husband thinks I hate people. I just value time alone. I am little less introverted online and getting more outgoing on this site. I would be happy to chat and vent as needed.

I could have written this post myself! I'm the same exact way.

Feel free to add me!
  • ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Introvert here. I actively log my food and workouts (diary is public so you can snoop and see what I'm eating). I will like other people's posts. Not big on commenting but I am watching you (in a non creepy/ stalkerish - but the way introverts do kinda way
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am not an introvert but you can add me if you like. Well done on reaching out
  • shaky115
    shaky115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Introvert here as well :(
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow introvert here. I also have more than my fair share of health issues so I understand how hard it is to stay motivated. I have binge eating disorder, bipolar, borderline personality, aspergers, pcos, IBS, chronic anxiety, dislocated my knee last year and that is still causing problems. It is so easy to just give up and munch but I am trying to claw my way to a better place.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Introvert here. I actively log my food and workouts (diary is public so you can snoop and see what I'm eating). I will like other people's posts. Not big on commenting but I am watching you (in a non creepy/ stalkerish - but the way introverts do kinda way

Hah! I feel like I could have written this.

I'm fairly introverted and will occasionally comment to cheer you on, or to offer advice if it's asked for and I feel I might have insight. Otherwise, I generally will like positive status updates and occasionally will browse others' diaries; I never really comment on those, though, unless there's something yummy that I need info on. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm in a similar boat trying to get my health back on track
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm am introvert. INTJ though I do stray to P depending upon the day. I am a 95 out of 100 on the introvert/extrovert scale though. Totally get the "introverts do kinda way". My wife CANNOT understand how an introvert can be happy at a Latin dance night, contenting himself to hang back, watch, and dance a handful of times. Us introverts are a lot like housecats that way. :smile:
  • brisport
    brisport Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was doing this alone and finally reached out to make friends also. It really helps!
  • karimiller02
    karimiller02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here. I don't do much chatting but I log everything and would like to have friends who also struggle with multiple health issues, and yet are still really putting in the effort to make my life healthy.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm am introvert. INTJ though I do stray to P depending upon the day. I am a 95 out of 100 on the introvert/extrovert scale though. Totally get the "introverts do kinda way". My wife CANNOT understand how an introvert can be happy at a Latin dance night, contenting himself to hang back, watch, and dance a handful of times. Us introverts are a lot like housecats that way. :smile:

I'm an INFJ and I always hang back and dance a few really good dances. I suppose it helps that I'm a perfectionist, so I'd rather do a few dances really well and totally nail them, than go out and do everything and trip over my feet. My husband is an INTJ.
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Im sending a friend request :) Id love to be an introverted friend
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
  • IKilledBambi
    IKilledBambi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... I'd love to get and give some support.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    HI FELLOW INTROVERT!!! *waves frantically*

I'm introverted to the point of social anxiety, but I'm much more comfortable online. Feel free to add me if you want. We all do better with friends!
  • josebunton
    josebunton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me too! We all can do this together with live and support.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Total introvert over here.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm not really an introvert but would like to expand my support network on MFP. Friend me if you like!
  • bianca2day
    bianca2day Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Introvert here too! (social anxiety) MFP is the only type of social media Im on, I just can't deal with Facebook!
    I welcome anyone to add me. Im just getting started & seeking accountability friends :)