Any Good Pasta Dishes?

Options
NiiqueK
NiiqueK Posts: 15 Member
I've been working on my weight loss for a little over a month and I'm badly missing pasta dishes. More than anything Mac and cheese. Anyone know any good recipes for pasta dishes

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I make a cheesy pasta dish with 56 grams of penne, 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams of squash, onions, and mushroom. I mixed 3-4 wedges of laughing cow cheese with a splash of half and half and nutritional yeast for the sauce. It comes out very thick and creamy. Yeah, you could use alfredo sauce for the amount of calories I make mine-but I don't go through cans of high calorie sauces fast enough. Plus this is creamier.

475 calories and it is quite a big serving because of the amount of vegetables.
  • DeHartwell
    DeHartwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/26/skinny-cauliflower-mac-cheese/ try this.. my kids love it.. and you know kids are hard to please.
  • shandageiser
    shandageiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lasagna rolls! Boil 9 lasagna noodles. Mix a container of ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, one container of thawed spinach and spread it on each of the lasagna noodles. Roll them up, put in casserole dish with some spaghetti sauce, top with cheese and bake. I think they were about 200 calories each
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I've even made this for football games and the guys lived it. Never knew it was healthy!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/macaroni-cheese-6
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I like to make macaroni and cheese with a combination of Parmesan, extra sharp cheddar, Gouda, and usually one more cheese. Probably about 2-4 cups total. Make a sauce with heavy cream and the cheese, and butter, and then mix in bacon and diced tomato. Pour into a baking dish, and top with bread crumbs. Amazing!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Cooking light Mac and cheese

6 servings

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
    1/2 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons grated fresh onion
    1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    Vegetable cooking spray
    1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
    1 tablespoon reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    Fresh oregano sprigs
    Preparation

Combine first 10 ingredients; stir well, and spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and next 2 ingredients; stir well. Sprinkle over casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes or until set. Garnish with oregano.

Nutritional Information
    Calories 356
    Caloriesfromfat 28 %
    Fat 11.2 g
    Satfat 5.2 g
    Monofat 3.3 g
    Polyfat 1.4 g
    Protein 24.9 g
    Carbohydrate 37.5 g
    Fiber 1.2 g
    Cholesterol 63 mg
    Iron 2 mg
    Sodium 724 mg
    Calcium 402 mg
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is for a very easy creamy mac and cheese. Use prepared light alfredo for the base. It is delicious! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/07/creamy-mac-and-cheese.html

DSC03509.JPG
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I made a quinoa spaghetti last week where I added 1 avocado, a hand-full of basil, juice of 1 lemon and some garlic to a food processor and used that as the sauce. I thinned it out with a splash of water and olive oil when it got too thick.

But it was GOOD.

I also added a chopped tomato, grilled zucchini and some chicken. Then garnished with more basil and pine nuts. It was super easy and delicious
  • NiiqueK
    NiiqueK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I think I'll try all of them and see what I like best
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Any pasta dish is delishhh
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is my savior. I'm a pasta fiend but the calories are insane, spag squash lets you serve it like typical pasta (if you bake it, then give it a quick fry it will dry it out a bit more than just baking does) or makes an excellent casserole, heeellllooooo broccoli and cheese casserole (my answer to Mac and cheese). It allows me to eat a shameful amount of Alfredo 4 or 5 times a month and its so low cal I even get to enjoy a price of garlic bread with zero guilt!
    It's not pasta, but it's close enough that if you play around with it a few times, you wont be missing pasta anymore :smile: