I tried coconut water tonight

Options
If your ever in the mood to barf... Just take a big sip of coconut water lol Ugh

Replies

• chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it either. I saw everyone drinking it and thought I would give it a try. Not worth the 3 dollars I paid for it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yep, pretty nasty. Also I don't like to drink my calories unless it's booze.

I never understood what the obsession was with that stuff.
  • cherilynnbailey
    cherilynnbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Chapnau
    Chapnau Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep. Barf.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If your ever in the mood to barf... Just take a big sip of coconut water lol Ugh

When I was in Hawaii last summer at a local farmers market a guy was preparing fresh coconuts from drinking from so I figured when in Rome I'd drop the $5 for a fresh coconut. NOT WORTH IT! It was so gross but I put on a brave face and suffered through it. I'll stick to regular water, it's worked for humans for eons
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    what? I love love love coconut water. I like the Harmless Harvest brand, but I can't afford to have it regularly. Of course the best coconut water is straight from the coconut. If you can find coconuts at your local market you should try it.

That said there are a bunch of crappy coconut waters on the market now, since they've become so popular.
  • cherilynnbailey
    cherilynnbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's it
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Like @augustremulous said fresh coconut water is absolutely amazing! It tastes nothing like the bottled crap which they pass off as coconut water.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't like Zico or Vita Coco, and those seem to be the most popular brands.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've never understood this
    bleck.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not the best tasting but maybe the best hangover cure I've ever had. Try it!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like a fresh coconut with a straw on a tropical holiday day.
    Unless it's a fresh coconut with a straw and added rum, pineapple, coconut milk etc.... but then it would be a piña colada and would need a cherry and an umbrella too.

I think it's meant to be good for rehydration due to electrolytes etc (though I may be making that up) but not very practical to carry on a run.
    I've never bothered buying it in a bottle though.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I never have it back here in N. America, but in the Philippines, oh my goodness Buko Juice with the little gelatinous bits of young coconut meat still in it!!! Best long distance bus ride refresher EVER!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    We get it at Asian stores. Granted what I and my fellow Asians like may not appeal to the taste buds of Americans. That's why when there's a Zombie Apocalypse, Americans will die first due to starvation because they can't stomach eating foods that don't include intestines, tendons, and coconut water. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    As far as bottled coconut water goes, Harmless Harvest is in another league. Each bottle (the smaller size) contains the water of just one coconut. And they are meticulous in their harvesting (no bad coconuts).

Too bad a 16 oz bottle costs like $7.99.

I remember last summer I went to get a bottle after running one steamy evening, cottonmouth and all. They only had 1 bottle left in stock and just as I reached for it this girl next to me had similar ambitions. We both looked at each other and then, realizing she wasn't about to budge, was left with no choice but to pull out a single car key and brandish it. That's how delicious this coconut water is.

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I bought two cans. Threw out the first one after one sip and gave the second one to a friend who likes it. So nasty. And I'm not a picky eater at all.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Me too. Definitely not worth the calories
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a carton of coconut water, took a sip and immediately suspected that it was some sort of prank; it tasted like the water from where an entire football team had just washed their socks......bleurgggh!
    Now I'm dreading it because I'm going on holiday to Mauritius and apparently the hotel gives you a glass of chilled coconut water on arrival after your long flight....noooooooo!.......please let it taste better! I don't want to be rude and decline. Maybe I should just hold my nose and drink or tip it in a conveniently placed indoor plant pot when nobody is looking like they do in the movies! :D
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Me and my family have tried a few different brands and I can't say I would rather die from dehydration then to drink that stuff again.
    My friends dad loves the stuff and will buy it by the case.