Gaining 4lbs in 5 days?

Options
I just came back from Lake Powell and it was awesome, but I also came back with 4lbs more than what I was. I know to gain a pound you have to eat 3500 extra calories and with wakeboarding, water skiing, knee boarding and a bunch of swimming I know I didnt eat those calories and I had plenty of activity going on throughout the day. So why would my scale say i gained that>? Any ideas please!! I was so close to throwing that scale out the window.

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    lol water weight. give it 2 days. seriously.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    did you eat more sodium then you normally do?
  • ajtom1
    ajtom1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are your muscles sore in anyway? If they are you never want to weigh yourself because you are retaining water in them muscle and may cause you to gain 2-5 lbs just in water.
  • Bub3les0
    Bub3les0 Posts: 47
    Options
    how was our salt intake?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    YUP - water weight from either too much sodium, not enough water, too much sun, what ever. Just keep on track, you will be fine.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's just water weight. Drink more water than usual during the next few days and I'm sure it will disappear like magic :happy:
  • stacibrannon
    Options
    Also, you have gained some muscle. Water sports require muscle in the arms and legs. If you look in the mirror and don't feel like you've gained weight, then most likely it's some new muscle. Wait a few days and then weigh again. :]
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Def water weight....make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water if not more over the next couple of days and it will drop off
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Water retention.

Drink lots of water to help flush out your system.

It'll take a couple days, so be patient.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Extra sodium, extra carbs, excess cortisol from more exercise than normal, more food in the digestive system. I go through this every week after my spike day of 4500 calories. Usually up 5-7lbs the day after.
  • Seginns
    Seginns Posts: 39
    Options
    I gained 5lbs after a weekend trip. It was all water weight. Just eat a low sodium diet and drink lots of water and you'll be back to your usual weight in a couple of days.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok. My sodium was low so I'm not worrying now since most people said it could be water weight which makes alot of sense since it was incredibly hot there. I tried drinking a bunch of water while i was there but I guess it wasnt enough. These extra lbs better come off this week!! Here goes the water overflow!! Thanks!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    lol water weight. give it 2 days. seriously.

Also drink plenty of water! when i go away i tend to drink less water, then believe it or not it make you retain water!
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Extra sodium, extra carbs, excess cortisol from more exercise than normal, more food in the digestive system. I go through this every week after my spike day of 4500 calories. Usually up 5-7lbs the day after.

Makes sense!! Thanks
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Agree!