In need of friends to swap tips and tricks

Options
dropbearclan
dropbearclan Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am a female aged 23 from the land down under :p yes that's right good old Australia! The home of the dropbears :) haha I weigh 98.8 kilos I want to lose 20 kilos by august but also 35 kilos all up, I have joined the gym and go 5 days a week 2 weight training days and 3 cardio I'm really hoping to have some people to talk to and swap tips and tricks and meal ideas, I went out and bough a Garmin watch to track my steps so far I'm smashing way above my goal steps. Please feel free to follow my journey on Instagram my user name is
@doitformethistime

Replies

• MrsWarrior
    MrsWarrior Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll be your friend :smiley:

I weigh about 80 kilos and i'm 155cm.
    I want to lose about 25/30 kilo's so it seems we match up pretty good.

Ps i've just added you as a friend
  • dropbearclan
    Options
    Oh perfect :)
  • Britty_1990
    Britty_1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app and need friends to keep me motivated...
  • MrsWarrior
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Britty, welcome..!!
    I've just added you as a friend too :smiley:

@dropbearclan i'm now following you on instagram

Yesterday I decided that this was my last day of "bad" eating.
    So i decided to make it a good goodbye.

I ate french fries, a frikandel (meat stick) and i had mayonaise and satay sauce with it.
    But is didn't have clean big plates anymore, so i stuck everything on a small one.
    And i really had the feeling i ate a massive amount. But when I logged it this morning it wasn't so bad actually. I have an airfryer so the calorie intake was a lot lower beacuse it wasn't deep fried.
    And I also noticed that i ate a lot less than i would normally do.
    So I guess putting your food on a smaller plate actually really works.

How did you guys do yesterday?
  • arnegetsfit2016
    arnegetsfit2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me to your list. :-)
  • dropbearclan
    Options
    MrsWarrior wrote: »
    Hi Britty, welcome..!!
    I've just added you as a friend too :smiley:

@dropbearclan i'm now following you on instagram

Yesterday I decided that this was my last day of "bad" eating.
    So i decided to make it a good goodbye.

I ate french fries, a frikandel (meat stick) and i had mayonaise and satay sauce with it.
    But is didn't have clean big plates anymore, so i stuck everything on a small one.
    And i really had the feeling i ate a massive amount. But when I logged it this morning it wasn't so bad actually. I have an airfryer so the calorie intake was a lot lower beacuse it wasn't deep fried.
    And I also noticed that i ate a lot less than i would normally do.
    So I guess putting your food on a smaller plate actually really works.

How did you guys do yesterday?

Mrswarrior oh that's great! And yes putting your food on a smaller plate really does work that what I do if say its pasta night haha so I don't go overboard. Yesterday was good for me I ate healthy and had a lot of calories remaining cone bed time, I just found last night that I have a cyst on my breast :( so after dropping the little one off at day are this morning I have to go to the doctors and get it surgically removed which means I'll have stitches so until they are healed I can no longer do my weight training days on my upper body :( and my cardio has to be slow paced, I'm so upset I feel like this will only set me back but I know as I continue to eat clean and exercise how I can till its healed I should be alright I just feel like I took one step forward and then 3 steps back, but that's life hey? Throwing curve balls. Hope everyone here has a great day and remember you are only as good as your last workout! ;)
  • sineadodee
    sineadodee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • MrsWarrior
    Options
    dropbearclan, lots of luck at the doctors..!!
    Bummer that you can't work out like you are used to, but just remember a bit of exercise is better than none.

Yesterday I ate splitpea soup with 2 panini's, which wasn't that bad.
    But my husband had bought sausage rolls. So he made them at 8pm.
    And I ate it :o

When I logged everything this morning it turns out that the extra walking i did yesterday covered the extra calories, but still......

have a great day everyone...!!
  • D_Mav
    D_Mav Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • dropbearclan
    Options
    MrsWarrior wrote: »
    dropbearclan, lots of luck at the doctors..!!
    Bummer that you can't work out like you are used to, but just remember a bit of exercise is better than none.

Yesterday I ate splitpea soup with 2 panini's, which wasn't that bad.
    But my husband had bought sausage rolls. So he made them at 8pm.
    And I ate it :o

When I logged everything this morning it turns out that the extra walking i did yesterday covered the extra calories, but still......

have a great day everyone...!!

So sorry I haven't replied sooner I keep forgetting to check this haha, doctors went good was told I'd need to see a plastic surgeon to get it removed but its starting to go away now I will receive my ultrasound results hopefully tomorrow :), and everyone deserves a treat once in awhile so don't beat yourself up you are doing a fantastic job!!!
  • dropbearclan
    Options
    I can't go on a full in strict diet I still allow myself a treat if I really want one but I don't go over my calories and I now limit myself on how much of that treat I can have, like the other day we had my fav chips in the house I used to eat a while packet now I put a small portion in one of my sons little bowls and I eat that and put the rest away haha
  • MrsWarrior
    Options
    How is everyone doing..???

My S-I-L had her birthday yesterday and of course she had cake.
    I logged everything, and i turns out that i actually still had 14 calories left.
    I'm getting the hang of this.

• davis6334
    davis6334 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with my weight loss journey. Look for helpful tips and morivation. Thanks
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm female, French, 28, starting weight close to yours, already lost 15kg but looking to lose around 20 more... Will be glad to help & chat & support! Good luck x