Workout Everyday?

Options
Can I workout different muscles everyday? Or should i get a rest for one day?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Find an established, structured plan and follow it
  • sugarpie0914
    sugarpie0914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to rest for at least one day. You can do yoga that day or go for a walk if you feel the need to do something on that rest day.
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I lift 5 days a week, working one muscle group per day and alternating abs and legs. I also do cardio 4 days a week, so yes, you can work a different muscle group every day.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think you need to try out different schedules and see what works for you. I am in the gym 6 days a week with a rest day. I like how that works for me.

Some people use their rest day for yoga or hiking. I plop on the couch and read!

I will tell you this - for me, Spin class is a hard workout. One day, the Spin teacher asked if anyone was using her class as a rest day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I assume she trains some super fit athletes, to ask if MY HARDEST WORKOUT was anyone's REST DAY. Some people run marathons and Ironmans. Not me, though.

• vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different so you have to find what works for you. I run everyday even if it's just a mile. I have a running streak of 205 days so far. I also do the daily workout on Daily Burn called 365..it's only 30 mins and 20 mins of yoga after my run to stretch.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    You definitely can work out every day. However, you should listen to your body and take a break if you feel like you need it. Overworking your body is just as bad as underworking, if not worse. I just wouldn't do the same body part back to back. I work out 6 days a week and don't do cardio on Saturdays or Sundays. Saturday is my leg day and I use Sunday as my recovery day as my legs are usually shot or downright sore.
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I take Sundays off - The big guy did it, so I do too!
    You need rest too, it's all part of the plan on fitness!
  • btinghutch
    btinghutch Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Definitely listen to your body. Most of the time, I'll work out 6 days a week, and then on Sunday, I'll walk with my kids at the park for a few miles,,stretch, do some yoga,,stuff that feels good :D I'm also lenient on my diet on Sundays as well.
    Some people can do a ''free'' day. I don't feel well if I don't have some control, so I still move and eat well on a free day, just not so rigid and no logging.
    There have been some Sundays were it was rainy, and I woke up stiff and I start getting depressed just having a *free day*!!haha, so I need to get up and sweat and I feel better. It's always a balancing act I guess, but having a structured routine helps me a lot ;)