I have 75-100 lb to lose.

Options
I have done many weight lose programs. I have lost weight but can never keep it off. what's my problem? I'm at my heaviest ever and I hate how I feel. Any help would be great!!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Many people completely change how they are eating in order to lose weight but then go back to their old way of eating when they reach goal or just get tired of not eating the way they want to eat. It's better to make small changes that you can live with forever.

My suggestion is that you spend a week or two just logging your food as accurately as possible without changing anything. Buy a food scale if you don't have one and weigh all of your solid foods in grams. Only use measuring cups/spoons for liquids.

After you've logged for a couple weeks, you can go back through and see where you can make some small changes. You might eat smaller portions of calorie-dense foods or substitute foods with other foods that you also like.

Take the time while you are losing weight to learn how to eat your foods in moderation. That way, you can maintain by just adding a few more calories to the eating plan that you've created that works for you.
  • JemPuddleduck
    JemPuddleduck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same position as you. It is difficult.

I agree with the comment above though. Make is about little but sustainable changes to your lifestyle that you gradually increase on.