Success with exercise DVDs/online workouts/in-house exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I literally only workout in my house! You can order fitness DVDs from amazon.co.uk for cheap, including Leslie Sansone. Also maybe check out Jillian Michaels DVDs. I use FitnessBlender.com more or less exclusively now.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah Leslie Sansone's workouts are good, I prefer Jessica Smith as she does a whole range of workouts and most of them on youtube, anything from walking inspired workouts to full on HIIT and strength training.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love to mix up my workouts with DVDs as well...especially on days I don't feel like going to the gym. I have done Jillian Michaels Shred, The Biggest Loser DVDs, Victoria Secret Angels trainer - Michael Olajide, Jr.'s Boxing DVD, Insanity, P90X, Turbo Fire, Taebo, Jari Love Ripped series, and I just started Beachbody 'The Beast' (so far loving it especially after buying my IronMaster adjustable dumbbells). All of them gave me great results but I'm learning to be consistent with nutrition, which as you know is 80% the battle.

I love dancing and was curious about Cize but I'm more advanced and based on the review, I was concerned that Cize might be geared for beginners. Later on I'm thinking about taking dancing/ballet classes and pole dancing for fun.

I also do workouts from Bodybuilding.com (just print out the routines). I completed Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred and lost 5% body fat in 6wks...great program (always struggle with the diet though but working on it).

Youtube is a great resource which I haven't utilized fully yet. I normally tune into some bodybuilding motivational speeches/music while I did my Jim Stoppani routines.

I hope my list helped. Good luck everyone on your fitness journey!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    this post was made for me! i lost 5 stone just by calorie counting and doing dvds at home. i have a 2 and a 3 year old and finding time to go to the gym is just not there at the minute. so i tend to do it around them lol. after work or early in the morning. i currently am doing body combat - i buy the dvds off ebay
  • helen4513
    helen4513 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only get chance to exercise with DVDs, I get up early before the kids wake to do them. I've just started doing Charlotte Crosby's DVD. I lost weight last year doing JM 30 day shred but it's not working for me anymore! With CC there are 12 3 minute exercises which are great.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the wii, it's a really good workout and you can keep pushing yourself harder to try and beat your high score. I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred which is a tough workout too. I do go to the gym but on days where I can't get out the wii is a great help.

These are my two go to exercise at home solutions too. I am on day 14 of the 30 day shred and have lost over an inch of my waistline already. Highly recommend it. As for the weight loss portion, I keep counting...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big fan of exercise VHS back in the day but no longer am. I imagine it's partially because I prefer to be outside hiking or gardening and also because 20 years ago yoga displaced aerobics and shortly thereafter I developed my own routine.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm a Beachbody Junkie! I stream it, also have it recorded on my phone to do mid-run. Also daily.hiit.com is free, very very good stuff.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm currently doing 30 day shred. I love the videos. They deffenitly work up a sweat. I've tried it before and lost 4lbs my first week and a have but gave up on level 2 so I'm starting over and really trying to stick it out this time. Seen a lot of good results from others who have tried ot