Subs and Sanwiches?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
I eat subway quite often now, a healthy choice every time but wondering if this could be slowing down the weight loss?
I am also wondering about Turkey or Ham sandwiches.
Is Deli meat to processed and too much sodium or do you have no problems including them in your meals.
Thanks

Replies

• browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 inch turkey and ham from subway on plain Italian bread with cheese and just about all the veggies and light mayo every Friday. Comes in at 400 calories. Fits in my day and I enjoy it. Hasn't affected my loss yet. It's all about a deficit when it comes to losing weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging and accounting for all cheese/condiments you add to it, no
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I find subway easy to fit into a day. I don't worry about salt too much from the meat if I make other good topping choices.

I mostly avoid the cheese because I can't taste those calories once I'm done asking them to load tons of veggies. I avoid pickles and banana peppers since those will pack in more sodium. I avoid olives cuz again calories I can't taste. I LOVE cheese and eat it daily but I want to be able to savor it. Lots of the fresh veggies and don't be too shy to ask for extra if they are being stingy with them.

I don't do mayo :s and they have enough other low calorie sauce options. I love their relish. A little is all it takes.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I find subway easy to fit into a day. I don't worry about salt too much from the meat if I make other good topping choices.

I mostly avoid the cheese because I can't taste those calories once I'm done asking them to load tons of veggies. I avoid pickles and banana peppers since those will pack in more sodium. I avoid olives cuz again calories I can't taste. I LOVE cheese and eat it daily but I want to be able to savor it. Lots of the fresh veggies and don't be too shy to ask for extra if they are being stingy with them.

I don't do mayo :s and they have enough other low calorie sauce options. I love their relish. A little is all it takes.

Some great points, should be easy to lighten up the sandwich. I do love banana peppers though. :smiley:
  • hko718
    hko718 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    #7 regular from Jersey Mikes >