ChaLean Extreme

Options
lucielu2
lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
Anyone doing Chalean extreme or have done it.I just finished week one and i love it -i feel stronger already.Just thought if anyone is doing it or have done it we could become friends for motivation etc .

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to try it....I am interested in hearing reviews from other people...
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not doing it right now, finished a round of it earlier this year though. You will love how strong you get with the program though. If you need motivation or an accountability partner, I'd be happy to be there for you. Hubby and I are finishing up Insanity right now and then we'll do a CLX/Insanity hybrid. :)
  • jsmomof4
    jsmomof4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did ChaLean Extreme at the beginning of this year and LOVED it!!! I actually just started the program again because I liked it so much!! I'm on Day 5 of Burn Phase, so just a few days behind you...
    What did you think of Burn Intervals???
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I did the first two months. I incorporate the workouts with my other workouts. I love it!!!:laugh:
  • lucielu2
    Options
    BOGmama2010 -awesome -insanity in my next one i will do .
  • lucielu2
    Options
    jsmomof4 -burn intervals was hard but good-we sure will see results with this program
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Chalean extreme or have done it.I just finished week one and i love it -i feel stronger already.Just thought if anyone is doing it or have done it we could become friends for motivation etc .

I am a beachbody addict and currently doing Chalean. I have almost all of the workouts they sell on the website.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    DrAJ84 -ME TOO lol
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    DrAJ84 -ME TOO lol

I recruit my friends into doing beachbody programs. LOL. I do feel stronger with it. Chalean Extreme is my favorite workout out of all of them since it feels accomplishable. Insanity is great and all but I am kind of weak and I always struggled making it through. Asylum dear Lord it is even worse! So I knocked myself back a notch to get stronger before doing the crazy intense stuff.
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What size weights would you recommend starting with? The only strength training I've done is 100 Push Up Challenge (I'm on week 5) and 200 Sit Up Challenge (I'm on week 4.) one of my friends recommended 8, 10, 12, and 15 to start with. Does that sound good?
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    What size weights would you recommend starting with? The only strength training I've done is 100 Push Up Challenge (I'm on week 5) and 200 Sit Up Challenge (I'm on week 4.) one of my friends recommended 8, 10, 12, and 15 to start with. Does that sound good?

Depends how strong you are really. I use the Bowflex Selecttech weights so I can dial anywhere from 5 to 52.5# ( found it cheapest at amazon at the time). But your estimate is probably right....the only thing is you may need a slightly heavier weight for when you do squats ( like 20-25) and for the high rep low weight days 8 pounds may be a little heavy. Sometimes I end up using 5#.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Since you love beachbody have you tried turbo fire and if so what do you think??
  • DrAJ84
    Options
    Since you love beachbody have you tried turbo fire and if so what do you think??

Turbofire is pretty good. Kind of seems like a ladies version of Insanity but a little less intense. A lot of jumping, kickboxing rapid pace kind of stuff. Music selection is kind of annoying sometimes though. " Play that funky music white boy" not on my top 10. LOL! You have the option to turn off the music though.
  • lucielu2
    Options
    westgre -I also agree you should have a 5 lbs on hand.
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Options
    I am starting my very first round of Chalean Extreme tomorrow, feeling kind of nervous and excited at the same time!
    wish me luck!
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it within the next week. I just need to get the resistance bands. I really wanted to use weights but they are just so expensive, especially since you need so many different weight levels and, being in school, I don't really have a lot of disposable income right now!

Have any of you done the program with only bands and no dumbbells? How did it go for you?
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Would this set work to get me started or do you have to be able to adjust weight fast?
    http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-40-Pound-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000VCDXNS/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1308763500&sr=1-1
    I'm trying to find the most economical way to get started. I was going to get a cheaper set of the dial weights, but I wouldn't be able to get them for about 2 months and I'd like to start sooner than that.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I did it last fall and then a hybrid of it and TF this spring. I didn't lose weight, but I definitely got muscle definition. Love that!!!
  • kels67
    kels67 Posts: 41
    Options
    I did my first workout Monday with the band, which i found to work pretty good. But I did order a set of adjustable hand weights, just because i like free weights better. I can def see why this work out works, and she is very motivating! I love it!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just finished the whole thing a month ago and now do it 2 days a week for maintance while I run. I did it with only the bands since the weights are out of my price range. I got a band that had 3 adjustable bands (you can use one or combine 2 for more resistance) at Target for $20 and it worked great. I can actually see arm muscles and I've never seen them ever before. I loved the program and I doubt the weights would have done a lot more, although they would certainly be less complicated and if I had the $ I would prefer them. Just watch Donna and pause the DVD if you need to, very soon you'll have the hang of it. If you are just buying regular handweights I think you'd have to keep buying more as you got stronger as the program moves on so that might get spendy. Good luck everyone, I had great results in my muscle definition. Eat your protein!