Big girl with big dreams

Options
Hi the names Sami. I've been gaining and loosing weight for the last 10 years. I am cracking down on it right now and need some help. What are some good, healthy recipes?

Replies

• olgatarasova923
    olgatarasova923 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
    Place the olive oil (1tbsp) and garlic (3 cloves) in a large resealable bag. Add cauliflower (florets from the whole head), and shake to mix. Pour into the prepared casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
    Bake for 40 minutes (depends on your taste)
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thai chicken wraps, one of my favorites and super delicious. Clocks out at about 600 calories but that is including the cooking oil. Obviously you're not going to be chugging some coconut oil so it would be less than that but I count it anyway. Better to overestimate than underestimate. :)

Anyway grab some broccoli slaw, you can find this with the produce near the salads. Put it in a skillet medium-high with some coconut oil for 2-3 minutes. Take it out then put 1/2 pound thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with salt & pepper in the pan with a little more oil, cook it through.

Now you make sauce! 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, 1 tablespoon each of honey, soy sauce, and water, 1 clove garlic, 1 small chunk of ginger (I use the ginger paste, it's easier). Mix it all up. Dump this on top of the broccoli slaw with 1/8 cup of peanuts and stir it.

Cut up a red bell pepper into thin strips. Cut your cooked chicken into strips.

Wrap it all up in a small whole wheat tortilla (this is enough to make 4 tortillas). Place them in the skillet with the seam side down and cook for a minute or so until it's sealed.

Then you eat! 2 servings of 2 tortillas so you can share or have leftovers for tomorrow.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I discovered puree carrot as an awesome healthy base. Can be made into soups, light puddings, replacing oil or eggs in baking, etc. Good luck!
  • countrybabygirl2000
    Options
    Well that sounds interesting!