I tried coconut water tonight

Options
2»

Replies

• Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've tried several brands and not one taste like fresh coconut water and they all have a "thickness" to them. I am so not a fan. I've also noticed the new crazy with maple water and that's horrid too but more tolerable than the coconut water.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    tastes like a sweaty armpit :lol:
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    try ordering a large water at sonic - ask to add white coconut and mango to it. may not be the same thing but - yum
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Probably the mango makes it a little sweet. Coconut water by itself I agree is gross. I agree with a sweaty musty kind of taste to me.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. Nasty.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    I love coconut water, fresh is best but bottled is fine. I don't buy it often though, too expensive!!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'll drink coconut water if it's flavored with pineapple or something that might mask the overwhelming coconutty flavor. Therefore, I rarely do. It's too expensive, and it tastes like toe juice.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I only drank it straight from the tree. Just like fruit, there's variations in the sweetness of the water. When you get a good coconut, it's AMAZING. When you get a watery lame one it tastes like the buttocks of a mule. I've never tried the ones in the can because I imagine they will taste like buttocks.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't like to drink my calories unless it's booze.

correct
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have tried a few brands and I can't stand the ones that have the gross floaty bits in it. Very cold over crushed ice with a shot of lime juice, (Yes, you put the lime in the coconut ;) ) is a great thirst quencher. Other than that I only buy coconut water to make coconut rice.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

I tried some once because it was touted as "good for you" - I think it was an Asian brand (looked it, anyway!) with bits of something referred to as 'coconut jelly' in it. I love coconut, but this stuff was disgusting!

ninerbuff wrote: »
    That's why when there's a Zombie Apocalypse, Americans will die first due to starvation because they can't stomach eating foods that don't include intestines, tendons, and coconut water. :D

This reminded me of an American friend of mine who's into survival skills and such. He's carefully explained to me how to find and cook the right kind of grubs when one is starving in the wilderness. Maybe, one day, if I actually am starving in the wilderness, I might try it. But not before then!

Also, I now can't help wondering just how @Alluminati knows what the buttocks of a mule taste like... or if I even really WANT to know...
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Harmless Harvest 100% cold coconut water, the pink one!

It is SO good, but that is the only brand I like.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love coconut-everything-else, but I HATE coconut water. It tastes like funky tropical *kitten*.
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One more for liking coconut water right here! I've had it a few times, find it just has a fresh, light coconut taste, kind of sweet and syrupy. Definitely not something for every day, but I do like it!
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I only drank it straight from the tree. Just like fruit, there's variations in the sweetness of the water. When you get a good coconut, it's AMAZING. When you get a watery lame one it tastes like the buttocks of a mule. I've never tried the ones in the can because I imagine they will taste like buttocks.

Yeah, I like it fresh out of the tree too! And, you are right, there are different varieties of coconuts. Some varieties are harvested just for the water. Totally to die for!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    hate HATE boxed/canned coconut water... crack open a fresh young coconut in hawaii? heaven.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh geeze. I love coconut water so much I used to just go out to go get some from different stores to try different kinds. The taste varies, maybe you had a bad one.
  • cherilynnbailey
    cherilynnbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ya maybe @MinmoInk
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well if you're ever stranded on a deserted island in need of a saline drip you can count on coconut water to fill the IV bag. Either way it's super hydrating & one of my hangover go2s