PCOS looking to lose at least 40-50lbs

Options
juelz1204
juelz1204 Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Polysistic Ovary Syndrome; which basically means I need to get my weight under control so I lower my risk of major health problems in the future. It saddens me that I've waited this long to try to lose weight but better late than never! I also have a toddler and still have some baby weight on me that never left!

So I'm looking for any and all friends so we can motivate and encourage each other through the journey!

Replies

• dhhmoms
    dhhmoms Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    heyyy.. Im here.. Im looking to lose the same amount... we can motivate each other
  • rosafern258
    rosafern258 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that :s but be positive and set tour mind to it. I stopped smoking after 8 years and its been a year already and I gained like 40 pounds since I have a lot of ansiety plus the divorce I was going trough :neutral: but well I was rushing to the bathroom Every five minutes. At work. couldn't hold it and my tights. Were. Feeling. A burning sensation of that big they are getting. I set my mind I'm only 26 I cant keep going like this I have two girls that I need to look after to so I stopped. The sodas. The juices and carbs. Helped me a lot!!!!now I'm new in this app but I'm starting. Jogging. At least and doing some. Squats and some legs. Exercise
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm also a PCOS'er. There's a great group on here if you are interested in joining: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis Good luck with your journey! I know my key to losing weight with my PCOS was a Low Carb High Fat diet paired with moderate exercise & weight-lifting (all recommended by my ObGYN to help manage my PCOS). I lost around 60 pounds in 6 months.
  • canadamomgetshealthy
    canadamomgetshealthy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi there! i have PCOS too and need to lose the same amount of weight. feel free to add me!
  • juelz1204
    juelz1204 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses! Feel free to add me!
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. Feel free to add me! Could use some motivation as well. I am 26 and 5'6, looking to lose about 65lbs and get back to my goal weight of 150lbs
  • annethom7080
    annethom7080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im a pcos/endometriosis sufferer. feel free to add me as well x
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Soozie16
    Soozie16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too :) need to lose 50lbs please add xxxx
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Also with PCOS. Have 130 lbs to lose, lost 35 so far.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a PCOS'er too, and have a ton to lose.
  • BrandiMin1991
    BrandiMin1991 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I, too, have pcos. I was diagnosed when I was 15, and I'm now 24. I have about 60-80 lbs left to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Southernsass38
    Southernsass38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well, I'll be 41 in May and I have 20-25 lbs to lose, or just to be healthy,, I'm losing inches, the # on the scale just isnt moving but thats ok as long as I continue to loose inches and fell better and healthy.
  • tiffanylezett
    tiffanylezett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! 28 yr old mom of 2 with PCOS looking for friends to help keep me motivated. My symptoms are becoming terrible, looking to get this under control.