Again and again

Options
I have been around the block when it comes to diet/weight loss many times. I lost 25 pounds for my 21st birthday using MFP and counting calories. I know it works. I am going to be 30 in October :s I have two beautiful girls, ages 3 and 4. I do not have "baby fat" anymore - now it's just 'mom bod.' And I'm tired of it :'( I do this to myself all the time - I start counting calories, then things get busy and I forget for a few days, then I say "Screw it all" and end up gaining another couple pounds. Again and again. I am ready to say "enough is enough." I am not here for 'friends' or gossip or posts about who would kiss who (every time I log in I see them on the Thread list and I just want to log back out immediately.) I am here to lose weight. To be healthy again. To get back my body and gain control of my lifestyle. I want accountability. Friends who have the same goal in mind. I'm ready! :D

Replies

• RenK777
    RenK777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amen! Mom-bod here too! Just done with having potential but never seeing results. So many reasons I always give up. ..3 kids, no time, etc. Need some girls to commiserate with and keep me motivated!
  • Jellybabie29
    Jellybabie29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a mom bod but not a mom :open_mouth: add me too
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It takes persistence, but that requires discipline. Each time you slip, and we all do, is a time you're not exercising your disciplinary habits as well as you could. That was me just yesterday.

The idea is to minimize those slips, so that the trend is progress, and those few times you fall off the rails won't significantly affect your overall momentum.

Each time you're tempted to be lazy, ask yourself what you'd rather have: your goals realized, or the temporary psychological comfort from indulging in too many tasty calories?

Good luck, and remember we're all on the same path as you; you're in good company here. Of course, the real question is: would you kiss the person above????
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I sure would!