What to do with pork tenderloin?

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Alright. I have 5lbs of pork tenderloin (that I had previously frozen together, and had to defrost to be able to cut apart...so no more freezing until I cook it :grumble: ).

That is about 5 meals for my family......

I'm going to make honey mustard pork tenderloins today (here is the recipe if anyone wants it - http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/honey-mustard-pork-tenderloins.aspx)

But I need other ideas for what to make and then freeze for later dinners? Thank you for all the help! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has healthy recipes that don't cut the flavor. I'm sure there is something there for pork tenderloin!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Stir fry and anything mexican like tacos, burritos, fajitas. Any type of wrap or on a sandwich thin for lunch.

Pork is great, enjoy!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    tonight I made baked pork with apple slices with cinnamon....
    You could chop up into chunks and make a pork stew,like a beef stew only with pork..
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I'll have the pork and saurkraut - hold the mashed potatoes, please! :-)
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like to cook it in the crock pot with some unsweetend apple sauce or homemade if I have any and some cinnamon. Cook 5hrs on high or 8hrs on low. It's super yummy!
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    bump.
  • sschanding
    Options
    Try shake-n-bake for pork. Its pretty healthy!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I cut it into bite sized cubes, stir fry it kinda in a pan with garlic, pepper, onion, and some low sodium soy sauce. As it gets done, I throw a buttload of broccoli chopped up into it and cover it, stirring occasionally until the broccoli steams to a softer texture. Eat it with some rice, I've done it over pasta as well.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Chop the roasted pork loin small pieces and add the the egg rolls.
    Thats what did last night with my left over pork tenderloin

Roast Pork egg rolls!!!!

YUMMMMMMMM!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork or pork chili in the crock pot maybe?
    allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com both have some awesome recipes if you do a search.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the crockpot with coke/pepsi/dr pepper/root beer (whatever you like) with some dries onion & garlic (or not) leave it all day and come home to the most tender PULLED PORK sandwiches.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hawaiin Crockpot Pulled Pork

Throw it into a crockpot. In a food processor, puree 1 can mixed tropical fruit and 1/4 cup coconut. Pour over the pork. Cook on low for at least 8 hours. 12 makes it perfectly fork tender and moist and delicious.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    http://www.marthastewart.com/334875/herb-roasted-pork-tenderloin-with-pears

This is a VERY yummy recipe, very easy. Not quite as good leftover, but still wonderful.
    (I like to add pecans to it)
  • mhawley12
    mhawley12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love to make it "pulled pork style." I take the tenderloin and rub it down with a dry rub. (1 tablespoon of kosher salt/1 tablespoon of blackened seasoning) Mix the salt and blackened seasoning together, then evenly sprinkle and rub the entire pork tenderloin. Take the loin and place in a 9 x 12 pan and cover with tinfoil. Bake in the oven at a low temp 300 degrees for 1-2 hour or so, until the pork is fork tender. (depends on the size) Once done, let it cool and shred the pork. It is super delicious and healty....no additional fats or sugar needed :)
  • jiselle1975
    Options
    1. ROast with veggies and fennel :-)
    2. Put it in the crockpot with some bbq sauce...pull it apart for sandwiches
    3. Pork stirfry
    4. Try it in the crockpot with a can of cream of celery soup....sounds gross....but OMG it is fantastic
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love grilled and served with a carolina mustard
    Sauce . Easy to make, tasty and not nearly as sabotaging to your diet
    as other sauces
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This has been sitting in my inbox from my wife for a while, I haven't tried it, but she loves it (and she's the picky one). Calls for pork chops, but I'm sure it would easily convert.

caramel apple pork chops

Ingredients

4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 tablespoons pecans (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
    Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
    In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
    Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

serves 4
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 48mg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Decided tacos & Pulled Pork. :)
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    bump
  • tpark952
    tpark952 Posts: 4
    Options
    I got a receipe last night out of the newest Cooking Light Magazine that was for Roasted Pork tenderloin with plum bbq sauce. It was amazing!