Activity level?

Options
Right now I have my activity level set to sedentary because I work at a desk for 9 hours a day. However, I'm at the gym for an hour every day (except Sunday). I also average about 14,000 steps throughout the day because I find any excuse I can to get up and move as much as possible from my desk. Should I keep my activity at sedentary and just log all of the exercise I do or should I change my activity level?

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    That is what I do. I swim 6 hours a week and nearly almost get 10,000+ steps per day. I log the swimming as a dedicated exercise, but not the steps. I add the total calorie burn of both and normally will eat back half of them. The other hours of the day I am usually sitting so that's why I opted for 'sedentary' for my activity level.
  • KSnow78
    KSnow78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just changed my activity level from Sedentary to lightly active. It has helped keep me on track and now I am not eating back too many calories because the MFP program adjusts accordingly. Sedentary accounts for approximately 5000 steps per day and light housework. Im lightly active. 10,000 - 15,000 steps per day plus 3 days per week strength training.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Since you have a desk job, you should set it to sedentary as MFP instructs you to do.

I get 10k+ steps a day and workout daily as well, but I have a desk job, so my activity level is sedentary and I eat back some of my exercise calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Isn't sedentary less than 6000 steps?

If so, then you're not sedentary