When do you switch from today to tomorrow?

Options
Meaning... do you count 12AM as tomorrow for your food diary or do you count everything you ate before you go to sleep as "today" even if it's after midnight?

I'm just curious, I guess. I count my days from when I wake up to when I go to bed, no matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 3am... and I yes, I have eaten that late more than once before... don't love it, I was hungry and within my limit!

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I count my days from when I wake up to when I go to bed, no matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 3am... and I yes, I have eaten that late more than once before... don't love it, I was hungry and within my limit!

Same here!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well, I go to bed around 4, and wake up at 12, so i just count it when I wake up. 'cause it would suck to wake up and have to account for all the crap i ate last night.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    When I wake up, tomorrow becomes today. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    when you fall asleep your 24 hours is over and when you wake up a new day begins.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I do that as well, my wake up time to bedtime, I find it easier to track that way.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I go by the day on the clock/calendar. I have serious sleep issues and I may nod off at 10p then be awake from 11p - 5a... during which sometimes I have been known to binge :tongue:

It just keeps the accounting neater if I go by the clock - but I don't think doing it your way is wrong either - so long as you're consistent and always do it the same way.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I count my days from when I wake up to when I go to bed, no matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 3am... and I yes, I have eaten that late more than once before... don't love it, I was hungry and within my limit!

Same here!

+1. Save it before you log off, and you're done for the day.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I do the same. If I haven't gone to bed for the night it is still today. When I wake up in the morning, it's tomorrow.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I used to log from when I woke up till I went to sleep, but this doesn't work for me. I work 12 hour shifts from 8pm-8am, 3 days on, 3 days off. I tend to want to switch from sleeping days to sleeping nights on my days off. The only way for me to accurately log my food is from midnight to midnight.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Meaning... do you count 12AM as tomorrow for your food diary or do you count everything you ate before you go to sleep as "today" even if it's after midnight?

I'm just curious, I guess. I count my days from when I wake up to when I go to bed, no matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 3am... and I yes, I have eaten that late more than once before... don't love it, I was hungry and within my limit!

My husband does the "new day at midnight!" thing, but honestly, he does it so he can munch at 1 am. For me, the day starts when I wake up and ends when I go to sleep, regardless of what the clock/calender says. Not saying the other way is wrong, but in my house, that's used as a way to get in a late-night snack before bed.

Kris
  • Gary1977
    Options

My husband does the "new day at midnight!" thing, but honestly, he does it so he can munch at 1 am. For me, the day starts when I wake up and ends when I go to sleep, regardless of what the clock/calender says. Not saying the other way is wrong, but in my house, that's used as a way to get in a late-night snack before bed.

Kris

I'm curious as to how you would handle my situation?:wink:
  • prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    I use a 24 hour period due to the fact that I work shift work and my sleep schedule is constantly changing...seems to work as I have lost 13 pounds so far!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My day doesn't end until I go to sleep. :P
  • Gary1977
    Options
    I use a 24 hour period due to the fact that I work shift work and my sleep schedule is constantly changing...seems to work as I have lost 13 pounds so far!

Amen! This is the best way when you are a shift worker.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I am a night owl/insomniac, but have decided that the eating stops and the log is entered by midnight. Then I am done eating until I get up for breakfast the next day. That has seriously cut out some calories - I used to LOVE crackers and cheese after midnight!

What I have trouble with is water. Once midnight comes, I always wonder if what I am drinking is yesterdays or tomorrows?? I know it doesn't matter, and I am TRYING to overcome perfectionism-to-the-stupidth-degree......but I'm "supposed" to log my water and those cupfuls are just hanging out there in No Mans Land! :noway: :laugh:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Since I work second shift and am up late/sleep late -- I count my days from when I wake up til when I go to bed.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Sleep divides my day. I find I eat late if I have done more than usual in a day. Nothing wrong in eating late, what about shift workers?
  • sam1320
    sam1320 Posts: 24
    Options
    I count "tommorow" as when it hits 12 am, i have a really weird sleeping and eating pattern, i eat later afternoon adn very late evening so this works best for me, its frtustrating havign to eat that late at night though
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I go by the clock. but I am rarely, if ever, up past midnight. I try my best not to snack at night so normally I will close my diary after dinner.
  • rubianne1979
    Options
    My day is from when I wake up until I go to sleep.