310# now look out 210# here I come

Options
I found this app on my phone last week and it lead my to this web site. I'm on a mission to loose 100# by Jan 2012. I am a baseball umpire and I have gotten to out of shape and fat to keep up with these kids and with me moving to high school and collage next year I need to be lighter and faster. I start in the gym next week. I'm feeling better eating lighter but I'm having trouble between meals. I hope I'm not the only one..... I'm hoping this site will be a key in helping me track what i'm putting in my body.

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is great for support and motivation!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome you can do it!
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it! This site helps!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    ur awesome! u will do it and this site is great! welcome!:smile:
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome. This site is awesome and gives you the tools you need to lose the weight. Your goal is super agressive - remember sustainable and maintainable weight loss is considered to be about 2 pounds a week (with a couple much larger weeks in the beginning). Do yourself a favor and make this a healthy lifestyle - eat healthy, exercise, and the weight will take care of it's self.

Good luck!
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    This is an awesome site! Everyone here is so supportive and motivating! Also, not sure if your profile name is refering to the Chicago Cubs, but if so.....Go Cubs!!!:happy:
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    welcome and u can do this .glad to have u here at fitness pal
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and good luck! I'd really suggest eating something small every three hours or so to keep your metabolism going and to reduce cravings. I eat a fruit and yogurt smoothie for breakfast around 8AM, a 100 calorie snack around 11AM, my light lunch at 2PM, dinner or a snack when I get home from work around 5 (depending on what time my volleyball leagues are), and then a protein rich snack when I get home or my dinner if my game was too early.

Good luck! Just stick with it and make small goals and keep your expectations low. I find that if I give myself goals that are too difficult (like 2.5 pounds in a week), I give up easier when I mess up during the day and fall off the wagon. This time, however, while I'm still having MFP calculate my calories based on losing 2.5 lbs per week, I'm trying to just aim for 1 pound per week for my weigh-ins. That way I am always pleasantly surprised when I lose anywhere over that!
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    Welcome aboard and congrats on making the decision to live a healthier lifestyle :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This site can help!

Since you found the phone app, use it! Tracking what you have eaten and worked out in real time throughout the day will help you stay on the right path and make you aware of calories in and calories out as soon as you eat and workout.

The forums are full of great stuff too!
  • Metorks
    Metorks Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome CCF,

The others are right on with their advice. Not to discourage you, but 100lbs in six months is a lofty goal. One of the quickest routes to failure is setting a hard-to-reach goal. The experts recommend a maximum weight loss rate of 2lbs/week. That's a rate that can be lost with moderate diet and exercise. Of course, you'll shed pounds faster at the beginning, so you may be able to do 3-4lbs a week for a few weeks, but eventually they'll taper down as you lose weight. If I were you, I'd give yourself until this time next year to lose that 100#. Also, I wanted to second a previous commenter's suggestion about the smaller meals throughout the day. That has really worked for me too. If I get hungry between the small meals, I fill the void with lots of water.

Good luck!

Kevin
  • CajunCubsFan
    CajunCubsFan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site! Everyone here is so supportive and motivating! Also, not sure if your profile name is refering to the Chicago Cubs, but if so.....Go Cubs!!!:happy:
    Thanks and yes I'm a big Cubby's fan. Check out my signiture now. ;-)

One of these days we will make it to the promiss land and be able to say World Champ Cubs
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Best of luck in your weight loss journey! Between meals is hard and especially so when you are first getting started. Drink lots of water and have healthy snacks ready for those times you need something to get you through to your next meal. My food scale has become my best friend--always out on my counter at home. I'm learning more and more about what 3 oz of this or that looks like and as a result I'm more comfortable eating away from home and logging servings. With the support of all the awesome people on MFP and your hard work, you'll meet your goal in no time!
  • CajunCubsFan
    Options
    Welcome CCF,

The others are right on with their advice. Not to discourage you, but 100lbs in six months is a lofty goal. One of the quickest routes to failure is setting a hard-to-reach goal. The experts recommend a maximum weight loss rate of 2lbs/week. That's a rate that can be lost with moderate diet and exercise. Of course, you'll shed pounds faster at the beginning, so you may be able to do 3-4lbs a week for a few weeks, but eventually they'll taper down as you lose weight. If I were you, I'd give yourself until this time next year to lose that 100#. Also, I wanted to second a previous commenter's suggestion about the smaller meals throughout the day. That has really worked for me too. If I get hungry between the small meals, I fill the void with lots of water.

Good luck!

Kevin

Good points, I will look at it that way.
  • tiger7171
    tiger7171 Posts: 17
    Options
    welcome. if you want to chat go ahead and email me.
    pistolpete_70726@yahoo.com
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    Thanks and yes I'm a big Cubby's fan. Check out my signiture now. ;-)

One of these days we will make it to the promiss land and be able to say World Champ Cubs

I so hope that I see that day happen!!!
  • Refisblind
    Refisblind Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean. I am on a goal to lose 100 myself. Over half way there now. I am a high school and college football and lacrosse official. The kids get faster and I get slower. I did start running now that I have lost some weight too and that has helped a lot. Good luck on your journey.
  • Singerbc
    Singerbc Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome, this site is great. You can do it!
  • Unbreakable360
    Options
    ...keep it up brah...!!!...good to have you onboard...!!!!
  • CajunCubsFan
    Options
    I'm down to 290lbs