sodas???????

Options
hey everyone i have a simple question, i am not the kind of a person who drinks like 6 mt dews a day or so but i do consume 2 coke zero's or pepsi max a day, one with lunch and one with dinner, is there anything wrong with these, i heard they are alot better for you then reg soda but i just dont know ,is there something else that i could drink that would taste just as good ???? your insight is grealty appreciated,

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure diet sodas are loaded with chemicals that make you think you're hungry even when you're not.
    Try seltzer with a little natural fruit juice. The bubbles will trick you into thinking you have soda.
  • tg025880
    tg025880 Posts: 42
    Options
    what about the flacored water packets, how unhealthy are those things ??
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    If you suffer from migraines like me, stay away from those crystal light things, and whatnot. They trigger them like NUTS.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    there are certain things that i will give up
    and coke zero is not one of them
    enjoy!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Get yourself a soda siphon, I stumbled across a pair at a yard-sale and still have to pick up the C02 canisters but I'm looking forward to making my own rather than having the store-bought.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I still drink a full cal coke a day most days (I try to go without but keeping up with a 2 year old isnt always easy!) Im sorry If Im going to drink it Im going to drink the real stuff lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    If you suffer from migraines like me, stay away from those crystal light things, and whatnot. They trigger them like NUTS.

I don't drink that stuff because I don't like the super sweet taste, but thanks for the warning, because I'm prone to headaches & migraines.
  • tjwolf13
    tjwolf13 Posts: 14
    Options
    I drink flavored sparkling water from WalMart. Since I started drinking that I don't even crave soda anymore.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    From what my dr told me...diet soda's have the artificial sweetners which are horrible for you. My doc told me to use Stevia. The fact that they come in flavors is HUGE for me. I am someone who loves Dr Pepper..but understand I have to severly limit myself. So I use the Stevia Berry flavor for work..and when I am home..I drink water with the Lemon drops.

Much healthier for you. THey also have a rootbeer flavor..thinking of making my own carbonated water..and dumping that in there..hoping to feed the soda beast within...