What can you do now you couldn't do before?

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    For a little while there ... I struggled to cycle up hills.

About 10 days ago I cycled a route I tried almost exactly 2 years ago.

2 years ago, the 100 km route with over 1700 metres of climbing took me 8.5 hours of misery.

10 days ago, I managed to shave off 1 hour and 40 minutes, finishing that route in 6 hours 50 min.
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    in hockey practice I can skate and bend over to pick up the pucks and pylons without dropping down to one knee and then struggle to get back up!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Squat and deadlift over my weight.

Look in the mirror and love what I see.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Not as winded when I go up and down stairs. And I can carry pretty heavy bags, too !
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Walk up to the Olympic bar in the gym like I own it.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    The list would be endless... walking downstairs first thing in the morning without pausing on every step. Able to aint my toenails again. Walk 10kms without blinking!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fit into smaller sized clothing. I was already fit, just too fat.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can do a full pushup!

I can clamber up the stocking shelves at work like a monkey!

I have more nights where I can get to a restful state of sleep, as well as nights where I can "go to bed" (versus reading, getting distracted, etc) when I'm supposed to.

I can hear someone be rude to me, or say something that would have led to be doubting myself or having an anxiety moment, and brush it off.

I can look in the mirror and flex, and actually think "hot *damn*" without feeling like I'm forcing a compliment/positive words out when I'm feeling low.

This one is hit and miss with fastfood and stuff, but I can guesstimate the calories on any home-made meal and suggest items to pair with it based on simple nutrition (like iron, calcium, etc).

• bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Eat mushrooms for the first time
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am a paramedic and I did the bulk of the driving because sitting on the passenger side was uncomfortable. Now that my thighs aren't as big as oak trees, its pretty cool letting others drive so I can be "chauffered". :D
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Joining the running train. I could barely jog 3 minutes most of my life. Now I run 5ks during my lunch breaks every workday.

Hiking is also way, way easier now that I am not carrying around an extra 100lbs.

I said to myself 'that's too much cheese' and really actually meant it. I preferred the pizza with less cheese. :o Who have I become?!

I can fit into a size 4-6. I don't think I have been that small since I was 9 or 10.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Running in the sense of an average daily occurrence. I would literally be the most tired person I knew from running for just a little bit. Now I can run for a bit and not get exhausted. That's mind boggling for me.
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Two days ago I ran a half marathon without stopping. A year ago I couldn't run a block without stopping. :smiley:
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Race the young guys on the KATY trail on the last 2 mile leg into the parking area. I rarely win, but they (and I) love the challenge and it makes things more fun. They most certainly don't want to be beat by an "old man" (from their perspective) and when we finally hit the parking lot, I am not the only one looking for an oxygen station :-)
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 6-8, also the other day a friend of mine asked me for fitness advice.....me....fitness advice. I am still in shock lol
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1. I beat my PR in a half marathon by 15 minutes. I credit strength training.
    2. I've squatted 135 lbs.
    3. I can do 15-20 regular pushups, not knee pushups
    4. My gym had a wall sit challenge and I sat for 8 minutes.

These were my accomplishments within one year.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Now - hike for hours
    Before - out of breath walking up a flight of stairs.

Now -wear normal sized clothes (8)
    Before - tight size 24 W
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I can clean for an hour or two before needing a break. Before I would clean 10 to 15 minutes and need a break. I can play with the kids for a longer amount of time. I can lay on the couch now with one of the kids comfortably. I can walk for an hour straight without stopping. All of this has happened in less than three months time. I can't wait to see what being under 200 has for me.
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Breathe. Haven't needed daily asthma meds since September.
    Walk 3 miles without being out of breath and my feet hurting.
    Wear heels.
    Ride in smaller cars without my claustrophobia requiring frequent (often frantic) stops.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    Mow the lawn shirtless and look damn good doing it.
    Trim the hedges shirtless and look damn good doing it.
    Take the trash to the curb shirtless......
    Watch tv shirtless
    Clean the gutters shirtless
    Play basketball shirtless
    I can do pull ups
    I have much better balance
    Never ever ever cook bacon shirtless and pantless is out of the question.

HAHAHAHA You are Awesome!!!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!